Talk

Advanced search

Snoring cat

(11 Posts)
Dobopdidoo1 Tue 07-Nov-17 04:13:00

Is there anyway to stop then snoring?
Are there nose strips for cats?

Little one is keeping me up. Not just little cute puffs like when she was a kitten but full on tractor engine.

And yet I can’t bear to turf her out of her my bed.

Gingernaut Tue 07-Nov-17 04:31:13

Has she been assessed by a vet?

There may be some obstruction.

Dobopdidoo1 Tue 07-Nov-17 04:38:38

Hi, thanks for your reply. No, nothing about physically wrong with her as far as the vet has found. She’s just a very loud cat. Eats loudly too, squeaky “yum yum yum” noises. Yells at any opportunity and has the loudest purr I’ve ever known.

Maybe I need to bite the bullet and stand firm with sleeping arrangements. I can feel fisticuffs at dawn coming on...

Toddlerteaplease Tue 07-Nov-17 09:18:13

One of mine does this. It really can be full on man snoring. She’s a Persian and has a tiny nose. She’s had it widened which did help. For me the worst thing is when she’s snoring like a train then suddenly stops!

TimeIhadaNameChange Tue 07-Nov-17 09:30:40

I think you should go and sleep in your proper place, on the sofa (if you're allowed, else the floor)!

I've never had a cat snore that loudly. One of my guineas was a noisy chappy - had a sort of wheeze when awake and snored when asleep. The vet checked him over and there was nothing wrong with him, I think he was worried I'd forget about him if he wasn't continuously making me aware of his presence!

You could always try ear plugs.

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 07-Nov-17 10:09:55

No female of any species snores. This is a male thing. Are you sure you are not a troll?

Dobopdidoo1 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:58:22

Haha. I’ve just asked her about the female of the species thing and she’s given me a haughty look that says “how very dare you. One does not snore. One hums mellifluously in dreams”.
That’s me told! grin

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 07-Nov-17 14:01:15

I am so stealing that quote. Smart cat. Give her some fresh tuna / Dreemies / treat of choice from me. And buy earplugs for yourself.

Dobopdidoo1 Wed 08-Nov-17 00:30:01

Sparticus, tonight she was offered roast chicken. Which her highness turned her royal snoring nose up at.

In favour of...

A plastic bag confused

Ollivander84 Wed 08-Nov-17 00:50:20

Ollie doesn't snore but he's like a bloody steam train when he purrs hmm

ocelot41 Sun 12-Nov-17 07:23:14

You have a few options here. 1. Earplugs 2. Get used to it. 3.Alternative sleeping arrangements. My DCat couldn't get over the need to wake us as soon as she was awake (4/5am) so with some regret we went for option 3. Wish we had done it sooner. Everyone gets their sleep and we are all happier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now