Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Crazycat was kept in with dehydration today

(4 Posts)
ElizaDontlittle Mon 06-Nov-17 11:04:55

My poor girl is 10, and I've been unable to tempt her to eat since Friday morning. I even bought some fish and poached it in lactrofree milk yesterday. She just retched (babycat obliged by wolfing it down instead!!)
She was vomiting (all over my clean washing, great...) but has just been retching and had stopped grooming herself. The most pitiful thing has been she's stopped chatting and went in the box with barely a whimper.

So she's having bloods and fluids and antibiotics. I've never had a cat admitted before! Babycat is off exploring and has even stopped chasing her the last day or so as if he could tell. I hope I didn't leave it too long... the vet said this morning was sensible so hopefully it was ok not to have phoned the emergency number.

And a picture of her in happier times

Toddlerteaplease Mon 06-Nov-17 11:46:24

Hand hold for you. It’s horrible when they are ill. Hope she improves quickly.

Vinorosso74 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:34:25

Hope it's nothing serious and she's back to normal soon. She's a beautiful cat!

ElizaDontlittle Mon 06-Nov-17 19:06:11

Thank you both - I think so Vino smile

She's home, and much more feisty and furious!! Mildly jaundiced and anaemic but no obvious cause. See what happens when the steroids wear off.

She's so cross she is not doing cuddles, which is clearly unfair because I really neeeed a crazycat cuddle!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now