Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there a support thread for those who are still not over the loss of their cats ?

(9 Posts)
Soupoftheday1975 Mon 06-Nov-17 08:58:51

We lost Billy-Bob 5 weeks ago, we had to put him to sleep because he couldn't take the prodding anymore. He had dry Fip. I'm just so sad, he brought me lots of joy and now I have a Billy-Bob shaped hole in my heart.

Want2beme Mon 06-Nov-17 10:15:12

So sorry you've lost him. It must have been very difficult for you to know what to do, but you've done the kindest thing in letting him go, so that he doesn't suffer. So many of us here have experienced the loss(es) of our little furry friends. Keep coming back here to talk. We all understand how it feelsflowers

Soupoftheday1975 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:16:50

Thank you want2beme. I have never felt like that before about a pet, he was really special.

Wolfiefan Mon 06-Nov-17 12:18:18

I'm so sorry. They truly do leave a hole in your hearts and lives too.
It's hard enough when they've reached a ripe old age but to have them taken before their "time" just seems so wrong and unfair. flowers

Vinorosso74 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:29:57

I am so sorry, they leave a huge hole. We had to let our girl go on Friday so still raw here.
They are members of the family so it is hard. The Blue Cross have a bereavement helpline, I think CP do too. The vet we saw on Friday said not to underestimate the grief from losing a much loved pet.
We're all here if you need to talk flowers

scaryteacher Mon 06-Nov-17 16:33:13

I still miss my original trio, and the last of those three was pts in 2005 when he was 19. It does get easier, but it takes time. I know mine had good lives with me and I take comfort from that. It will break my heart again when anything happens to my current boys, but I will carry on having cats as long as I can....my house isn't a home without one.

Want2beme Mon 06-Nov-17 20:53:37

Hope you're doing ok OP. You will feel sad, but in time, you'll smile at the memory of him and remember the joy he brought to you. I know we shouldn't have favourites, but I had a gorgeous cat who came to live with me when he was a youngster and lived to the age of 19. He was the best boy and I loved him so much. When he was PTS I was devastated and I couldn't even say his name without falling apart. It took a few years before I could even look at a photo of him, and to be honest, I still struggle with this. Be kind to yourself flowers

Soupoftheday1975 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:41:15

The other I had a vivid dream and he was in it and I gave him a massive hug...woke up crying. I talk about him and the tears are falling. I can't control it and I feel like a big twat. I work from home so he was never far from me, he was at the door waiting for me when I coming back from a outing.

Want2beme Mon 06-Nov-17 23:02:12

Yes, I've had those dreams. They're bloody awful to wake up from. He was a beautiful boy. What a little sweetheart.

This is my 20 year old boy who was PTS a few months ago. Another furry friend gone to rainbow bridge.

He was a grumpy old git, but he was mine and I loved him. It's very difficult to look at photos of him & I actually avoid doing so. I miss him terribly, but he had a long, comfortable life and that's what we have to remind ourselves of.

Sleep well tonight. He'll always be with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now