Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best/safest way to rehome 4, 12 week old kittens?

(10 Posts)
QuestionableMouse Mon 06-Nov-17 00:13:18

The kittens are 12 weeks old next week, have been wormed and flea treated, are used to kids and dogs... and I'm scared stiff to rehome them in case they go to someone horrible.

I've been in touch with a local rescue for help, but they won't help unless they can take the kittens. If they do take the kittens, they'll end up in a kennel situation and I don't think it's fair on them.

I adore them but can't keep them... my mum is unwell, my sister is struggling with 6 cats (I'm living in Uni accommodation). I'm trying to do everything right and keep them safe but I don't know what the next step should be.

thecatneuterer Mon 06-Nov-17 01:27:28

Let the rescue take them. They shouldn't be in kennels for long and the rescue will be experienced in placing kittens. mum cat been neutered? And what about the other adult cat?

thecatneuterer Mon 06-Nov-17 01:28:38

That should say 'has mum cat been neutered?"

Floralnomad Mon 06-Nov-17 01:42:46

Letting the rescue have them is their best chance of finding decent homes , they won’t be there long and may even get rehomed in pairs .

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Mon 06-Nov-17 05:51:23

If you are anywhere near West London please PM me. I'm looking for two kittens at present after old cat died. On list at Battersea but no suitable fluffies at present.

Veterinari Mon 06-Nov-17 06:11:33

Have they been vaccinated? They should be before going into rescue or being rehomed

QuestionableMouse Mon 06-Nov-17 09:04:57

Yes, mum has been spayed now. (it's a long story, she was booked in twice and twice it was cancelled. She then managed to get into the garden and the rest is history).

Not anywhere near London sorry. (North east England)

They're no vaccinated. The vet who saw them didn't mention it?

missladybird Mon 06-Nov-17 19:50:42

QuestionableMouse I'm looking for a kitten at the moment but I'm in Sheffield. Is this too far away? Could poss meet half way?

thecatneuterer Mon 06-Nov-17 19:52:47

OP. The rescue will I'm sure home them in pairs, which will be much better for them. They should also get them neutered first and do home checks. Let the rescue take care of them. Don't hand them over to random people on the internet.

EarlGreyT Mon 06-Nov-17 22:57:09

Just to add, if they do go to a rescue centre, they may well be homed with a fosterer (so in a home environment) until they’re ready for homing. If this isn’t the case, they’re probably not going to be in the rescue centre for long anyway as kittens usually are homed quickly.

As the wise TCN says, better to give them to the rescue centre who will check out potential homes and owners before rehoming them which gives them a much better chance of finding good homes than giving them to randoms on the internet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now