Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat litter recommendations

(9 Posts)
ButterfliesandMoths Sun 05-Nov-17 20:45:21

Evening everyone
Looking for a litter that’s clumps, but doesn’t track. So fed up finding cat litter all over the place. Does one exist? Thanks.

crazycatguy Sun 05-Nov-17 20:46:34

Cats love to carry it around. I get Cats Best - expensive but well worth it.

dementedpixie Sun 05-Nov-17 20:52:20

I'm using a mix of worlds best and cats best nature gold. The cats best oko plus tracks everywhere

MrsFoxPlus4 Sun 05-Nov-17 20:54:42

Iv tried lots & my girls prefer Tesco cat litter. Does track though I’m always hoovering!

Earslaps Sun 05-Nov-17 20:59:44

We’re hopefully getting a couple of kittens from a sanctuary soon and they recommend chicken feed! Much cheaper, easy to bulk buy, flushable etc. We went to see the kittens yesterday and there was no smell at all from the litter trays

Earslaps Sun 05-Nov-17 21:06:28

There’s a bit about it online if you google. It’s supposed to be similar to World’s Best.

Briette Sun 05-Nov-17 21:24:37

I bought a large mat which was the only thing which truly made this problem go away. Anything that didn't track, one of my cats refused to use. My bigger cat is a nightmare since he spends ages rearranging the litter after going sometimes (he came to wake me up with litter on his face the other day due to excessively vigorous kicking).

Ski37 Sun 05-Nov-17 23:13:19

I use Cats Best Oko. It's a bit redundant at the moment as my cat now has a cat flap and has his favourite spot in the garden (I'm still 'scooping' but it's now from a flower bed- not much fun!) I found it was great. It clumped brilliantly and didn't smell as long as I scooped the clumps once a day, and decently filled tray would last a couple of weeks before a full clean and change ( it says it can last up to 4 weeks before a full change but I felt bad leaving it that long). It seemed to 'track' to just outside the litter tray and I'm pretty sure that was due to my cat kicking it out whilst trying to bury whatever he had done.

paddingtonbear1 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:49:38

Another vote for Cat's Best. Costs more, but worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now