Talk

Advanced search

Cat doesn't want to be with us-help

(5 Posts)
confusedwife84 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:09:38

Hi guys, we have one cat we’ve had for 4 years, male. Last year we rescued a little female tabby who is approx 2. Initially things were great and they seemed to get on well etc I had a baby in May 2017, and over the few days I was in hosp, she went missing, for a total of 5 days. We eventually found her in a neighbouring development getting fed and looked after thankfully.
We took her back and since then she regularly makes her way back there for days at a time, and we go back and get her.
Today my husband went to get her again and she scratched him and hissed at him. Beginning to think she doesn’t want to be ours sad which would make us sad, but we accept that.
Anyone any advice??

PuppyMonkey Sun 05-Nov-17 12:11:37

Cheeky of the other people to be feeding her. Did you tell them she's yours and don't do that? confused

confusedwife84 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:14:17

They fed her because she lost her collar and they assumed she was a stray. We’ve since asked them not to feed her. It’s as though she doesn’t actually want to be in our house though, no affection at all (used to be) and she seems “depressed” looks sad etc

user1498854363 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:14:26

Ah OP, it does sound like cat has found a new forever home. Maybe other cat/ new born were too much for her. Does the ppl feeding want her? Or are they willing to take her on? It can take months for cats to feel comfortable/safe. Glad you are thinking about her. Wishing you all the best

confusedwife84 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:20:24

The other folks are moving soon so I’m not sure if that’s an ideal solution either! She seems to dislike my husband particularly, not so much me. She was previously abandoned and I’d wondered if men had hurt her or something

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: