Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat friendly Christmas decorations

(7 Posts)
Sentimentallentil Sat 04-Nov-17 22:32:23

We’ve given up.

This year we’re not even going to bother with a tree, it was pointless last year. Christmas is favourite time of year though so I definitely want decorations, anyone got any cat proof decorations?

Allergictoironing Sun 05-Nov-17 08:39:55

I've been reduced to a 40 inch fibre optic tree, battery powered so no trailing cables, and no decorations on it. Thought about lights at the top of the windows, but Girlcat can just about reach if she stretches to the max (Boycat is too cowardly to reach up on the windowsill).

I do have wall mounted light brackets in the living room that the cats can't get to (well 2 of them anyway) so thinking of hanging stuff from them this year

Allergictoironing Sun 05-Nov-17 08:40:16

Oops that should have said 10 inch tree!

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 05-Nov-17 08:41:52

Watching with interest... we got our cats on 1st Jan so haven't had a Christmas with them yet. Old girl was never bothered by the decorations, but these two can be very 'playful'hmm so not sure what will happen this year. We usually have two big trees....shock

Doobigetta Sun 05-Nov-17 13:14:10

I'm going to get a tree, but decorate it with lights and non-breakable decorations only. I'm thinking I'll make garlands of dried chillies, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, that kind of thing. And I'll pile all my beautiful glass baubles in big glass vases instead of on the tree.

rupertpenryswife Sun 05-Nov-17 13:20:20

I never really had a problem with my cats and decorations, my current dcat climbs into the tree but does little else! I would over to hear tales of what these cats get up too, I love a good cat thread.

cozietoesie Sun 05-Nov-17 13:30:38

None of my animals have ever been in the least interested by the tree. (When up - the process can fascinate them.) This year is going to be interesting - with Newboy. grin He doesn’t, at least, seem to be interested in any cables which is heartening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now