Talk

Advanced search

What does your cat like eating?

(24 Posts)
BulletFox Sat 04-Nov-17 10:28:10

Mine has disappointed me a little as she's not into seafood (I'm pescatarian, I had visions of us sharing prawns).

I read some cats love broccoli, she doesn't.

She loves ham, chicken, cream, cheese.

Although she's normally really gentle and is not a huntress I had to abandon a mini cheese last night as she got really frenzied when she saw me eating it and demanded it. Quite ferociously.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:34:02

Mainly gourmet, currently hassling me for a third pouch.

He likes beef but not steak, sometimes bacon but never sausage.

He mainly likes chicken, Guinea fowl, ham.

eyeswideshit Sat 04-Nov-17 10:35:27

Plastic bags. She's weird.

DancesWithOtters Sat 04-Nov-17 10:36:50

The top half of mice and shrews.

BulletFox Sat 04-Nov-17 10:43:11

Plastic bags...??

Does anyone's cat like broccoli? Couldn't work out if this was nonsense or not when I read it as mine's a Dr Seuss cat in her eating habits

ididyeah Sat 04-Nov-17 10:44:15

Cat 1 used to especially like Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream - I used to let her lick the lid. Cat 2 eats anything not nailed down except C0-op own brand cat food

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 04-Nov-17 10:44:27

One of mine absolutely loves mushrooms

ididyeah Sat 04-Nov-17 10:44:52

Cat 2 also chews plastic bags to wake me up and get me to feed him something else, cheeky sod that he is

Nonibaloni Sat 04-Nov-17 10:47:16

Sticking tape

Checklist Sat 04-Nov-17 10:47:36

SisterCat - Tinned red salmon, cheese (but only certain types), egg yolks, chicken, milk and cream. I have never had a cat that would eat prawns - they just play football with them!

She catches mice, but never attempts to eat them! In fact, she caught a baby last night!

BrotherCat - anything, including road kill!

One of them is the perfect weight per the vet, while the other is "handsome but fat!" Surprise, surprise!

JollyCat Sat 04-Nov-17 10:47:55

The only thing mine doesnt like is bananas. He would eat everything else given half a chance. He is very greedy and overweight, its a constant battle to watch his intake. He loves lettuce, porridge, ham, bacon, cheese......

Chewbecca Sat 04-Nov-17 10:48:42

Fig roll biscuits is the most surprising.

Ollivander84 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:50:54

Cream
Sour cream
Sour cream and chive flavour things
Mackerel pate with cayenne pepper confused
Strong cheese (mild is rejected)
Pork scratchings drive him insane hmm see photo

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 04-Nov-17 12:49:31

Ollie wins the thread ... As usual. smile

Ollivander84 Sat 04-Nov-17 13:02:12

That's because he's a weirdo grin
Currently sat glaring at me because I might be leaving the house and "is NO acceptable hooman"

BulletFox Sat 04-Nov-17 13:06:26

Yeah, hooman, how very DARE you?? (Just put out a pork scratching and exit sharpishly and furtively)

3rdrockfromthesun Sat 04-Nov-17 13:10:42

No longer with us but had a cat that used to like eating peas and shredded wheat. Also liked to eat dog food and trained any slow eating dog to eat faster and to finish their meal instead of picking

LittleCandle Sat 04-Nov-17 13:14:00

Both of mine fancy the dog food at the moment, particularly the Chappie which the dog is turning his nose up at! I have to watch that! Other than that, CandleCat1 likes most things, but can't be arsed to catch anything, as that requires him to make a physical effort. CandleCat2 catches, eats then pukes back up whole mice, birds etc. They aren't too keen on fish if I give it to them, but don't mind if someone else does. They both like to lick the end of my ice cream out of my bowl, but CandleCat1 does it with more dedication. Neither of them, despite what the dog thinks, wants his manky, half-eaten bone...

Doobigetta Sat 04-Nov-17 15:29:32

Literally the only thing mine has turned her nose up at is royal canin kitten biscuits. The most surprising thing she has enjoyed is raspberry jam.

hugoagogo Sat 04-Nov-17 20:46:45

My cat loves broccoli also cream cheese and tuna.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 04-Nov-17 20:52:11

We had a cat that would eat anything off your plate. She once dragged and entire pie off my sister’s plate. Fatty likes plastic and the dregs of my tea. Snorg loves baked bean juice.

RaindropsAndSparkles Sat 04-Nov-17 20:54:30

Electric chargers. It's very expensive. Doesn't harm him though x

Blackcatonthesofa Sat 04-Nov-17 20:58:14

Tinned tuna

bengalcat Sat 04-Nov-17 21:02:21

Cats are CARNIVORES so they like meat - that said fish goes down well too oddly mine turn down Waitrose fish preferring sainsburys bargain frozen fishy offerings £2 per bag - ah well

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: