Talk

Advanced search

Goodbye Vinocat

(42 Posts)
Vinorosso74 Fri 03-Nov-17 09:17:52

Vet appointment at 10am to have my lovely, gentle old girl PTS. She is 15 and we adopted her from CP 9 years ago. Her body is too weak and she has just given up. Watching DD say her goodbyes this morning broke my heart.

Want2beme Fri 03-Nov-17 09:29:24

So sorry Vino. It is a very sad time for you & your family. Sending you hugs and lots of strength to get you through flowers

Toddlerteaplease Fri 03-Nov-17 09:42:23

Big hugs. X

viques Fri 03-Nov-17 09:48:34

I am so sorry. The very worst thing about having pets and being a responsible owner is knowing that doing that final kindest and most loving act we can is the thing that causes us most pain and heartache.

PurranormalCativity Fri 03-Nov-17 09:55:05

Really sorry to hear this Vino. It is the right thing to do but also the hardest. Vinocat was loved and well cared for to the end, try and remember the happy times. Be kind to yourself for as long as you need to and we're here if you want to talk. flowersflowersflowers

Jamon Fri 03-Nov-17 10:00:24

I’m so sorry. It sounds like she had a wonderful life with you xx

YetAnotherSpartacus Fri 03-Nov-17 10:29:04

I'm so sorry. flowers

Vinorosso74 Fri 03-Nov-17 10:49:10

She's gone. It was very quick and peaceful, the vet let me have her on my lap.

PurranormalCativity Fri 03-Nov-17 11:11:23

How are you Vino?

Vinorosso74 Fri 03-Nov-17 11:34:19

Very tearful. Our regular vet wasn't in today but I have been in email contact with her emailed and she has sent me the most lovely email which set me off again.
I know it was the right thing, she was so skinny, didn't want to eat and since late last night all her strength went so could hardly walk. She handled her illnesses so well but her body just gave up.
We are getting her cremated and the ashes in a sleeping cat casket (I think DD will like that).

BrokeAndBad Fri 03-Nov-17 11:57:55

Oh I’m so very sorry

It’s the hardest thing to do (even though it’s the right thing)

Sleep tight vinocat xxxx

ILoveDolly Fri 03-Nov-17 12:00:57

Sorry about your cat. You gave 9 happy years, a wonderful gift of a happy home to that animal, and the dignity of a peaceful end. Hugs flowers

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 03-Nov-17 12:08:38

I'm so sorry Vino. RIP Vinocat flowers

TheSpottedZebra Fri 03-Nov-17 12:10:12

So sorry for your loss.
I have had my old boy pts a few weeks ago. It was 'time', also, but it it is just very very sad, isn't it?

snorkmaiden68 Fri 03-Nov-17 12:29:30

I m so sorry for your loss but you gave her a lovely long life. And you held her as she passed, she would have gone with love ❤. Look after yourself,it's never easy on us humans but you did the right thing flowersflowers

AmethystRaven Fri 03-Nov-17 12:42:32

So sorry. Hopefully it's a comfort to know she went peacefully without pain or fear. The sleeping cat casket sounds lovely, I think I would do the same. I hope the rest of the day treats you kindly, thinking of you and DD flowers

TheLongRider Fri 03-Nov-17 13:03:04

So sorry for you and your family. You did the right thing by her. It will be hard but you have lots of good memories.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Fri 03-Nov-17 15:17:36

(((((((((()))))))) flowers. X
Your gorgeous girl is at peace, now.

EachandEveryone Fri 03-Nov-17 15:37:13

Bless you all x

isadorable Fri 03-Nov-17 15:43:56

I'm so sorry to read this. Fly free little vino cat! Take care of and be kind to yourselves. She had such a lovely life with you and you couldn't have done more for her. Big squeeze for your dd.

Vinorosso74 Fri 03-Nov-17 15:56:34

Thank you everyone. She was a lovely cat, so gentle and friendly. She went downhill so quickly from later last night we had to let her go. We will miss her.Going to put photos, drawings etc in a scrapbook.
DD has a friend for a sleepover tonight and we have a couple of firework things at the weekend so that should keep her mind occupied. Obviously we will talk about her and cry.
Sorry I'm waffling but this is her last week and earlier in the year.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 03-Nov-17 16:28:36

Aww, she was lovely. My cat that I lost was tuxedo black and white too, but shorter hair.
It's lovely to remember times when they were 'themselves', isn't it?

differenteverytime Fri 03-Nov-17 16:32:42

You can tell by the smile on her face how happy she was. OP, you should be proud of yourself. What a wonderful 9 years of love and care you gave to your beautiful lady. Sleep well, Vinocat xx

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:26:42

I'm so sorry to hear that. Poor old girl, you couldn't prolong it for her sake, but you just want them to last forever for your own sake, don't you?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 03-Nov-17 19:19:35

She was gorgeous Vino. Black and white cats really are the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now