Talk

Advanced search

your cat's favourite strokes?

(26 Posts)
Anecdoche Thu 02-Nov-17 22:19:17

im just interested to see ๐Ÿ˜

my cat's favourite is a firm stroke starting at the head and going all the way down to the end of the tail, circling the tail with your fingers as you go. a few of those and she is purring her head off and dribbling onto you ๐Ÿ˜

her next favourite is to lie upside down on you and have you tickle her chest. she will stretch a paw out for you to do tiny gentle circles on her paw pads.

only the front mind. try to stroke, tickle or touch her back legs and feet and she will bite and do that pummel kick and pretty much try to kill you.

i basically just want to talk cat here ๐Ÿ˜

Bonez Thu 02-Nov-17 22:21:53

My baby just loves her entire head stroked and the side of her cheeks/behind her ears scratched ๐Ÿ˜

ShowOfHands Thu 02-Nov-17 22:22:01

My cat doesn't like to be stroked and does not purr or miaow. Not sure she's a cat at all tbh.

PunkrockerGirl59 Thu 02-Nov-17 22:30:46

It starts with a head rub just above his nose and between his ears. Then it develops into a cheek rub. After all this ecstasy he lies down and rolls over for a tummy rub. We rescued him in May and he was such a nervous chap (with good reason) and its such a joy and privilege that he trusts us now.

Mulch Thu 02-Nov-17 22:32:07

Under her chinny chin chin

Anecdoche Thu 02-Nov-17 22:32:14

superior and standoffish? sounds very catlike to me ๐Ÿ˜

aww is she a dribbler bonez? i can always tell when ive hit the right spot as she lays her head on my and dribbles ๐Ÿ˜

Anecdoche Thu 02-Nov-17 22:34:49

oh punk that is so lovely that you have transformed a little cat's life.

mine cant make up her mind if she wants a chin rub or to bite your fingers ๐Ÿ˜

Cinnamonstoothbrush Thu 02-Nov-17 22:39:45

Cat one - only firm strokes of head to base of tail for short periods of time only as and when she decides. There is to be no touching of the tail, legs and feet. Never the feet.
Cat two- all strokes and cuddles welcome but especially head and neck closely followed by the belly. She is a jumper-sucker and would cuddle, purr and dribble all day given half a chance

PunkrockerGirl59 Thu 02-Nov-17 22:41:32

Yes PunkCat enjoys a few tummy rubs and then the teeth and claws appear grin

buckingfrolicks Thu 02-Nov-17 22:45:55

Her best stroke is one that lets her smear the side of her partly open mouth along my hand. Yuk

No go zones are tummy and back feet.

Rubs right inside her ears (yuk again, but you have just got to, havenโ€™t you?) are popular.

Scratches under her chin. Lovely.

Papergirl1968 Thu 02-Nov-17 23:39:16

Likes to be stroked all over, but particularly likes the top of his head to be rubbed and will push it into my hand.
He often rolls on to his back to have his tummy tickled, and will miaow to get me to do this, especially if he is lying in the garden on a warm day.
Donโ€™t think he is particularly keen on having back legs touched but will tolerate it for a bit and then start to kick.
I luffs him!

Anecdoche Fri 03-Nov-17 07:32:04

so sweet.

i have never known a cat who likes having their back legs stroked. i wonder why that is. whether they are ridiculously ticklish or something.

FledglingFTB Fri 03-Nov-17 07:33:54

Ear rubs! And the tip off his schnozz

reetgood Fri 03-Nov-17 08:38:44

Ear and cheek rubs, and inside the ear. That sends him inner eyelid happy. And paws. Iโ€™ve never previously met a Cat who will tolerate paws. You can hold his front paws whilst stroking his head.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 03-Nov-17 09:45:14

Mine like any kind of strokes, but arenโ€™t over keen with under the chin. My friend massages his cats head in between her eyes and she adores it. My two tolerate it for a bit.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 03-Nov-17 10:04:12

Back legs is more than my life is worth!

TheHodgeHeg Sat 04-Nov-17 03:22:10

My kitten loves a head and face massage and under the chin strokes. Weirdly she also enjoys the inside of her ears being rubbed. I discovered this when spending an hour cleaning all the ear wax and dirt out of her ears with a q-tip when we first got her.

She doesn't mind strokes along her back. Belly is off limits unless you're rubbing her head at the same time (this sucks because she has the most beautiful spotty belly - pic included for reference!).

As a tiny kitten she let us pet her all over but she's much less accepting now she's grown up a bit!

QueenJane Sat 04-Nov-17 03:29:02

One of them loves a firm rub at the base of his tail. He stands up on his tippy toes and sort of marches his back feet on the spot.

The other one loves full head massage. While lying on my chest, two hands or youโ€™re not doing it right, stroke either side of his face from front to back like Iโ€™m giving him a facelift. Becomes catatonic and dribbly....

Ooh catatonic. I didnโ€™t even realise what I did there ๐Ÿ˜‰

Broken11Girl Sat 04-Nov-17 03:35:31

Under the chin, cheeks, top of head/ behind ears. Madam likes tummy strokes briefly then rolls over into her side, so I do that side, then rolls onto the other side like a cat kebab grin She also likes zips and if I have a hoody/ top with a zip rubs her mouth on it, weirdo.

DumbledoresApprentice Sat 04-Nov-17 09:22:55

Mine likes having her back legs stroked. If you give her a good scratch on one of her back legs she flops over onto her back and rolls around purring for belly rubs and chin scratches.

LemonRedwood Sat 04-Nov-17 09:28:36

His Highness generally doesn't mind being touched anywhere but cheek rubs are his absolute favourite. If I try to move my hand away but he's not decided he's done yet, he'll grab my hand with his paw and rub his cheek against it grin

We're having a lazy morning this morning after all the firework fretting last night.

TizzyDongue Sat 04-Nov-17 09:30:45

Ears - between behind and inside, check and chin, (anywhere on his head and neck really). He doesn't mind the rest of his body from, shoulders to tail tip, but will bat your hand away after a while.

sashh Sat 04-Nov-17 09:39:32

Mine flumps and presents her very white and very fluffy belly to be stroked, she also like her chin tickling.

DontCallMeBaby Sat 04-Nov-17 09:47:48

Both like chin and cheek rubs - one is currently doing the thing where I just hold my hand in place and he rubs his head HARD against it. The other one likes a belly rub, this one will attack you if you try. Both also like hard, fast rubbing of the flank - they lean into it and fall over if you take your hand away. grin

yawning801 Sat 04-Nov-17 09:48:22

A gentle scratch with the nails on the bridge of her nose.

A deep scratch under the chin, from the front to the very back where the motor is. Not down the chest, because you won't live to tell the tail!

ANYTHING (and I mean anything) on her ears! Behind, on, at the side of, anything! This started when she was wearing the cone of shame a few years ago and couldn't scratch herself, so she spent around ten minutes at a time having a good old massage all over her head!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now