Talk

Advanced search

Automatic feeders

(9 Posts)
ZanyMobster Thu 02-Nov-17 21:06:20

Hi, I am looking at getting an automatic feeder, mainly for when I am stuck in all day meetings or not going straight home after work. May be for the odd overnight trip (no more than 24 hours without a cat sitter). I have 2 kittens so wondered if people would recommend 2 separate feeders or just one larger feeder.

TIA

thecatneuterer Fri 03-Nov-17 23:29:39

I don't suppose it matters. Do they both share a bowl normally? Two might be a good idea anyway in case one fails I suppose.

ZanyMobster Sat 04-Nov-17 07:19:10

No they have 2 bowls but switch/share when they fancy. Do you use one at all? Any recommendations of a specific one?

thecatneuterer Sat 04-Nov-17 11:43:47

I've used them in the past (now I have too many cats to make it possible) and I've given them to my tenants who use them for the cat that comes with the house (it's in the contractsmile ). But they came from ebay and I really don't know what make they are. They run on batteries and have two lids that flip up according to the time you set on the dial. They seem to work well.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 04-Nov-17 18:38:26

We’ve got one of those for Harry TCN, ours is a Catmate. The problem is he struggles to get the biscuits from the corners so DH has adapted it to take his round china bowls.

Not that he’s spoilt of course...

SoupDragon Sat 04-Nov-17 18:40:35

I have Catmate ones with the flip up lids. I use one all the time now to give FatCat his breakfast. It stops him bothering me in the morning!

Moose23ishungry Sat 04-Nov-17 18:44:49

We have this one and it's been very reliable. Quite tricky to get the hang of programming, but after you've done it a few times it's easy. We have two cats and tend to put two servings of cat food in each tray (we don't use the insert dishes so that more food will fit in). Although it means they have to share the food when comes out, they seem to work it out. www.andrewjamesworldwide.com/pets-c4/automatic-pet-feeders-c161/andrew-james-4-day-automatic-pet-feeder-p262/s415?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=andrew-james-4-day-automatic-pet-feeder-yellow-colour-yellow-colour-yellow-aj000104&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoLj2mcml1wIVDzobCh2bCg9FEAQYAyABEgIbe_D_BwE

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 04-Nov-17 19:32:05

If ones greedy you can get microchip operated ones.

Ours had the flap opening one but he learnt to open it early so I binned it.

He pulled the lid up with his paw & dragged the tray out.

ZanyMobster Sun 05-Nov-17 22:41:13

Thanks all, that's all really helpful. I think I will try them with 1 to begin with, maybe on the days I am home to see how they manage then will get 2 if I need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now