Talk

Advanced search

Cat being neglected, wwyd?

(17 Posts)
Littlemissindependent Thu 02-Nov-17 16:46:48

Very friendly tortie that appears in my sisters garden on a daily basis. In the past 3 years she's been pregnant more times than we can count, currently she's just a bag of bones. She seems to be being used to breed kittens and hastily chucked back outside once she's done so. Suspected owner has been heard shouting/swearing at her. Now I'm certainly not one to 'steal' someone's cat, but I'm concerned at just how many litters she's had, and how neglected she currently looks. Wwyd in this situation?

JumpingJellybeanz Thu 02-Nov-17 16:51:01

I'd tell my friend who I know is a serial cat thief when there's blatant abuse going on. I wouldn't be brave enough to do it myself.

thecatneuterer Thu 02-Nov-17 17:40:24

I would absolutely take her. Have her neutered and then either keep feeding or try to find a home for her. There is no question that's what should be done.

Littlemissindependent Thu 02-Nov-17 18:36:15

Tcn I was kind of hoping you'd say that....

snorkmaiden68 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:51:51

Take her away. I did this with a neglected cat and she became my best friend. Once you've got her take her to vet/RSPCA and tell them who the owner is and then say you're willing to care for her. Multiple litters will kill a female cat or cause cancers and it sounds like she s not being fed enough esp when pregnant /nursing. I hate people like that. They don't deserve her.

snorkmaiden68 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:52:48

And any kittens are probably in poor health too as mum s so neglected

FadedRed Thu 02-Nov-17 18:56:52

Please steal the poor cat. We won't tell anyone........

Broken11Girl Thu 02-Nov-17 18:59:11

sad poor cat. Do it.

thecatneuterer Thu 02-Nov-17 19:12:33

No don't tell anyone you know who the owner is. Just say you've been feeding her as a stray.

Pancakeflipper Thu 02-Nov-17 19:13:42

Nab her. Poor thing

thecatneuterer Thu 02-Nov-17 19:17:00

I'll just say that again to make sure. Do not tell anyone you know who the owner is. If you do then a vet will not be legally able to do anything. The RSPCA might - but it would have to go through an extremely lengthy process of around a year, during which time she couldn't be neutered, and at the end of which she may well be returned to the owners.

So as far as anyone knows she's a stray. OK?

Littlemissindependent Thu 02-Nov-17 19:31:01

Got it. Stray she is.

pilates Thu 02-Nov-17 20:32:15

Yes please do it and report back.

snorkmaiden68 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:10:17

Ah ok go with don't tell anyone lol. I took my cat away but the owners actually said it was ok coz they couldn't be bothered with her anymore and people were threatening to report her to RSPCA but I was planning a midnight cat nap, the full works dressed in black etcwink

cushioncovers Thu 02-Nov-17 21:23:08

Keep us updated op

Littlemissindependent Thu 02-Nov-17 21:43:39

Will do!

Luckyaide Thu 02-Nov-17 22:25:00

Had a similar situation recently. Took cat to vets and it was chipped. Vets called owner who said they didn't want the cat! So we went ahead with neutering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now