Talk

Advanced search

So worried - I can't find my cat

(13 Posts)
Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 14:16:44

My cat was being sick yesterday morning. I put her outside to avoid any more carpet damage as she was still retching a bit.

I've been in and out in the last 24 hours but today she is nowhere to be seen.

She normally goes in and out through the small bathroom window, think it was closed for a short while yesterday but is generally open.

Do you think there is any cause for concern? I've tried calling her in and had a hunt around the back garden.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:34:33

Is she back? Why was she sick?.

cushioncovers Thu 02-Nov-17 20:56:05

Has she come back op?

snorkmaiden68 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:19:18

Hope she's back. Have you looked in any quiet dark places in the house? If cats are not well they sometimes hide and won't answer your calling

Dancergirl Thu 02-Nov-17 21:29:03

She does bring up furry sick sometimes but not sure if that’s what is was this time.

Yes have checked house.

Still no sign sad I’m out tonight but I’ve told dd to keep checking and open the door regularly.

DancesWithOtters Thu 02-Nov-17 21:53:21

Scatter some stinky tuna around outside, and put her blanket/bed on the door step, in case she's gotten a bit lost and needs her scent to find her way.

Have you checked the shed/garage? Ask the neighbours to as well. This time of year with fireworks going off they tend to panic and hide if a loud noise panics them.

Dancergirl Fri 03-Nov-17 10:07:42

She's back! I was in the kitchen and she just wandered in. She seems a bit subdued, not sure if she's quite right. Can't put my finger on it.

thecatneuterer Fri 03-Nov-17 11:47:23

That's a relief. Is she eating?

Dancergirl Fri 03-Nov-17 14:42:33

She is eating but not a huge amount. Have booked a vets appointment for this afternoon just in case.

cushioncovers Fri 03-Nov-17 15:30:43

That’s good news op. Hope the trip the the vets goes ok.

Dodie66 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:37:47

How do you get on?

Dancergirl Fri 03-Nov-17 19:16:59

Vet examined her and said she was fine. Probably just picked up a bug or something. She's eaten a bit more now so probably on the mend smile

So worrying when you can't find them.

ozymandiusking Fri 03-Nov-17 19:22:12

Don't let her out again for a couple of days. There's so many fireworks going off tonight, ours is so frightened.
Hope your cat is better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now