Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat fights (bullying)

(3 Posts)
Hookedoncatnip Wed 01-Nov-17 12:36:36

My 10mo kitten is being intimidated by a horrible Siamese cat. He’s a well built aggressive little sod. I’ve seen him chase another cat furiously through our garden before we had ours.

My kitten has just had a stand off with him. I saw it was about to kick off so walked down the garden towards them. I didn’t try to scare him just said “here kitty kitty” in a friendly way. He walked off in the end.

My kitten was hissing and tried to stand her ground but it’s not a fair match. She ended up in a submissive stance.

What do you do if you’re there to witness it? Are you supposed to step in? Or is that interfering with her learning how to cat? Obviously the last thing I want is for her to get hurt.

I only let my kitten out when we’re home. Poor little thing is just sitting by the door now rather than doing her usual gadding about.

PosiePootlePerkins Wed 01-Nov-17 15:46:07

Personally I'd be spraying the aggressive cat with a blast of water from the hose, every time it came in my garden. Especially if you're around when your kitten goes out. Not fair for the little one, she may end up fearful of going outside. Nip it in the bud if you can.

Briette Wed 01-Nov-17 16:04:25

I think my outgoing cat tells all of the local thugs that her owner is a murderer or something because they run a mile as soon as they see me. I used to be on good terms with most of the cats in our road, but once mine started getting picked on (or more likely, picking fights herself) I've taken on the role of the antagonist and they know that they're going to be scolded if they wander into my (her) garden and get spotted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now