Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What has gotten in to them?

(6 Posts)
McBounty Tue 31-Oct-17 14:02:24

My two kitties (female and male) are both 19 weeks old now. They were both done 6 days ago.

Today, they went in to a stand off.
I heard the most horrific noise from my girl (just behind me) but they were no where near each other. Both stood, arched backs, fluffy tails THE LOT.

Our girl then started walking closely to him, still arched and cautious. Our boy just stood not knowing what to do, but they didn't take their eyes off of each other. I picked her up and took her in to another room.

5 minutes later, when they had calmed down I took them both to each other again for a sniff and to make up. They're both fine now. Happy to be around each other again.

What could have set this off do you think? Am I to worry going forward that something like this will keep happening?

Any advice would be really welcome.

Thanks.

YesItsMeIDontCare Tue 31-Oct-17 14:06:00

Tbh it sounds like me and my brother when we were growing up, although neither of us had been done 😂.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a regular thing.

Allergictoironing Tue 31-Oct-17 15:11:42

Mine were having a bit of a stand-off this morning - facing each other glaring, stiff bodies, ears flat back, one paw raised to strike (no noise as they tend to be very quiet).

They are currently lying snuggled up together on my bed, with their heads resting on each other.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 31-Oct-17 15:25:48

My so called ‘inseparable’ sisters do this occasionally.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 31-Oct-17 15:26:28

Unfortunately now they have their own Hooman they never snuggle up to each other anymore.

Icequeen01 Tue 31-Oct-17 20:28:44

I have two brothers who are now 6 whom we have had since kittens. However, they occasionally fight like this and will often get into a right old bundle. I've even had to take them to the vet when one has bitten the other's leg and it's got infected (that one cost £695!) and a couple of scratches to eyes (luckily no permanent damage). But more often than not hey are curled up together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now