Talk

Advanced search

Litter recommendations needed

(5 Posts)
mychildrenaredrivingmemad Tue 31-Oct-17 12:38:56

Tesco has stopped making the best litter we had ever found. It was reasonable, didn’t smell even if it wasn’t cleared out for a couple of days and it didn’t result in a dust cloud. I need to pick your brains on
1) what is the best cat litter you have found?
2) where Can I get litter liners big enough to fit a large tray that aren’t shredded within minutes?

Toddlerteaplease Tue 31-Oct-17 13:51:09

Intersand classic is what I use. For two indoor cats. Scoop once a day and full change once a month. No smell at all. Don’t bother with liners they just shred them all. I gave up with them. I used to put the entire tray on a black bag and put the litter on top. But they still shredded it so I gave up!

VeganIan Tue 31-Oct-17 14:15:46

1. Was that the Tesco Value cat litter? That was perfect grin I'm suffering from dirty protests here. I'm using a mix of their clumping stuff mixed in with the low dust one and it's just not the same.

2. Search "Trixie Cat Litter Tray Bags 46 x 59 10 Pack" on Amazon Although I've taken to using the tray without and emptying the contents into the bag.

mychildrenaredrivingmemad Tue 31-Oct-17 20:32:20

It was Tesco premium antibacterial; £4 a bag and the packaging was silver, it had little flecks of blue in it

9GreenBottles Tue 31-Oct-17 20:41:18

Oko Plus cat litter. Tracks terribly, and isn't as good as it was, but clumps and contains odours. I have to change the litter about once a week, and a 30l bag lasts 3-4 months for 3 of my 4 cats using it.

I never use litter liners.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: