Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Overthinking a scratching post!

(13 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sat 28-Oct-17 15:58:11

Can’t believe I just spent over an hour agonising which scratching post Fatty and Snorg would like bests (am at a Cat show) finically decided on a set of steps with Carpet on. Hope they use it!

thecatneuterer Sat 28-Oct-17 16:35:26

I've got this www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=41&pf_id=62798

It's the best scratching post ever. They all use it. I've had it over a year and it's still fine. I Iike the fact that the base isn't carpet. And it's so tall they can stretch right up and the small cats even climb it.

purpleme12 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:36:09

Aww are you at the supreme?

thecatneuterer Sat 28-Oct-17 16:37:26

Ah cat show. I missed that bit. I'm sure you will come home laden with stuff.

TheABC Sat 28-Oct-17 16:38:38

Get a big one. The cats will ignore the post but adore the box, so it's a good idea to get they both fit into.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sat 28-Oct-17 16:40:26

Of course they won't use it, they will use your sofa, obviously.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 28-Oct-17 17:42:28

Oh a cat show, how exciting! Hope you had fun and bought loads of stuff for Fatty and Snorg for them to ignore grin
thecatneuterer that link takes me to the homepage, any chance of a pic of the actual one? I am going to persuade Dh the cats need a new scratching post for Xmas, or just buy one anyway... thanks

Toddlerteaplease Sat 28-Oct-17 17:56:48

Purple. Yes I was. My Persians have nicer faces than any of the ones there. The steps are a big success. This was within five minutes of putting it together!

Toddlerteaplease Sat 28-Oct-17 18:05:50

I got this one from Kalven design. It’s solid wood and better quality than their other one. It’s also have made and you can just swap bits over when they wear out.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 28-Oct-17 18:54:40

I think its been approved! grin

purpleme12 Sat 28-Oct-17 22:10:37

We used to go to the supreme every year before having a child. I miss it

Toddlerteaplease Sun 29-Oct-17 00:06:27

Maia/ fatty loves it!! ( the steps that is). Yes it’s s good day out. Had a run in with security not allowing me to take heavy stuff back to the car on a trolly, Health and safety apparently. So carrying 30kg of cat litter and a heavy scratching post is safer. angrydidn’t think there was as much retail there this time as previous years I’ve been.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 30-Oct-17 08:46:02

I’m gobsmacked that Snorg has climbed up to the top step and sat their looking smug. She never ever climbed on the old one. Even on the lowest platforms! Dodgy photo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now