Talk

Advanced search

Cat found after going missing, worried about health

(8 Posts)
peekyboo Fri 27-Oct-17 23:20:28

My disabled cat escaped 10 days ago and was found last night. The people who found him took him to the vet. He'd been clipped by a car before being found but seems mostly okay, though shaky when he walks.

I'm going to take him to the vet in the morning and get him checked again but right now I could use some advice as he hasn't used his litter tray since coming home and has eaten quite a lot.

Does anyone have experience of this kind of situation? I didn't take him to the vet today as he'd been checked out just last night but now I'm worried I should have.

For info, he has lost a lot of weight since going missing and is quite weak but seems happy in himself.

pterobore Fri 27-Oct-17 23:26:56

My vet practice will let you call their emergency number and speak to a vet. Is this something you could do? My cat went missing for 24 hours and was quite dehydrated when she came home.

Floralnomad Fri 27-Oct-17 23:33:33

If he had urine retention I would imagine he would be very uncomfortable and you would know about it . If he's eating , drinking and settled I wouldn't worry too much until the morning . Hope he feels better soon .

peekyboo Sat 28-Oct-17 00:09:44

Well he's sat for ages in the tray and managed a little bit of urine so I'm not as worried - mainly because he suddenly jumped up and looked for the tray.

He is prone to urine infections so I'd be keeping an eye on it anyway.

I'm not as worried now he's had some small amount of urine, will definitely take him to see Aunty Vet in the morning though!

Thanks for the replies.

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Oct-17 00:12:24

Hope he's ok.

peekyboo Sat 28-Oct-17 00:14:33

He deserves to be. He can't see properly, his hearing is bad and he's been a house cat all his life yet he managed to make his way from one side of town to another. I really want him to be ok after all that!

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Oct-17 00:23:27

Oh bless. You're doing the right thing getting him checked.

Floralnomad Sat 28-Oct-17 14:41:21

How is he today OP ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now