Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Petal Cleanse for a Sphynx?

(14 Posts)
AGoodCupOfTea Fri 27-Oct-17 22:31:11

Anybody know if you can use Petal Cleanse on a sphynx?

Reason I ask is because the label says it’s for animals with fur, sphynx obviously have none and they have sensitive skin.

My husband is allergic to cats, but works overseas so I’m looking at this for the times when he’s home.

I just wondered whether anybody had used it? Particularly on sphynx.

pterobore Fri 27-Oct-17 22:43:43

I've used it on cats with fur but that was over 10 years ago. Incidentally I also had a sphynx but didn't use it on her. Do you already have your sphynx? I used to give mine a bath so that would remove some of the dander I would have thought.

DumbledoresApprentice Fri 27-Oct-17 22:51:42

I have no idea. The worst allergic reaction to a cat I’ve ever had was to a sphynx though. They can be super allergenic. I can’t see how it could be dangerous so maybe give it a try and see how it goes.

BertrandRussell Fri 27-Oct-17 22:54:57

So incredibly cruel. sad What evil bastard breeds a hairless cat?

FannyTheFlamingo Fri 27-Oct-17 22:57:52

I think it'll be fine because it's for cleansing skin as well as fur. I have sphynx cats, but don't use the petal cleanse, so maybe check with the vet first.

RaptorsCantPlayPoker Fri 27-Oct-17 22:59:07

We’ve just taken in a sphynx. Lovely thing. The happiest and most affectionate thing ever (too affectionate, he gets a bit annoying what with all the constant purring and nudging).

We bathe him with Aldi baby bath wash but that’s all. Could you see how your DH gets in with him before you use petal cleanse?

FWIW I have allergic family members but they’re all fine with the sphynx.

AGoodCupOfTea Fri 27-Oct-17 23:29:43

Thanks for the responses.

I’m going to give the weekly bathing a go first to see how that works.

The petal cleanse is more of a last resort to be honest!

DumbledoresApprentice I am quite surprised as most Sphynx are bathed weekly, maybe the owner wasn’t an avid cleaner of dander? grin

I know I will have to clean clean clean to make sure DH doesn’t suffer!

I don’t have my Sphynx yet I get him in 3/4 more weeks, and I cannot wait to see him again smile

RaptorsCantPlayPoker
They are so affectionate, I had a bunch of them come sit right on my lap when I went to visit the breeder, they are so sweet.

AGoodCupOfTea Fri 27-Oct-17 23:34:15

BertrandRussel I think the very first hairless cat to be born wasn’t bread by humans, it was pure luck!
But then after that the breeders came and quickly tried to reproduce more.

I’ve no intention of breeding them. But I chose the little guy because he’s so sweet natured. And I plan to get him some jumpers to keep him warm.

FannyTheFlamingo Sat 28-Oct-17 06:00:04

I bath mine once a week with baby shampoo and I use a bath glove as they can get quite dirty. I tried jumpers for them but they hated them, so now they have 4 different blankets that they love. I also used fluffy beds that clipped onto the top of the radiators. They're amazing animals!

pterobore Sat 28-Oct-17 09:03:25

Mine used to hate jumpers too. Her favourite thing was an extremely snuggly dressing gown (she didn't wear it but slept in and under it) which I bought just for her. She was a brilliant cat and I really miss her.

AGoodCupOfTea Sat 28-Oct-17 17:43:48

Awwww pterobore it’s the little things that make you miss them more isn’t it flowers

What bath glove do you use FannyTheFlamingo?

FannyTheFlamingo Sat 28-Oct-17 18:41:34

Just the Boots exfoliating gloves, think it's £3 for a pair. They're not too rough, but they get the dirt off. I also clean their ears and wipe their bums when they poo!! 😂

AGoodCupOfTea Sat 28-Oct-17 18:54:45

Haha thanks I shall look for these wonderous gloves! I think I saw something similar in the pound shop today actually.

PurplePillowCase Sat 28-Oct-17 19:01:26

most allergic people are allergic to the dander and saliva.
impossible to clean.

don't get a cat if a family member has an allergy. it's miserable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now