Talk

Advanced search

cat is out of sorts

(6 Posts)
threesocksmeghan Fri 27-Oct-17 15:13:44

My 6 year old, ridiculously confident cat, has been nervy for two days confused

In 6 years she has lived with my dog (sadly pts last year) would try and go on walks with us and even if you made her jump the most you would get is a 'trill' in reaction. I honestly don't think the thought of something causing her pain has ever occurred to her!

Yet yesterday I went to let her in and she was really unsure of being in the house. Took about 5 attempts to get her to come in. Really jumpy all day. Looking outside all on alert etc. Then this morning she came into my room and snuggled under the duvet and slept over my arm. She has never done this. Ever.

Today she's the same. I'm assuming she got in a fight with a cat or a fox? She's eating and drinking normally and I cant see/find any injuries. She's just really really anxious.

MissConductUS Fri 27-Oct-17 15:47:02

Does she seem reluctant to go out or is she spending less time outside? That's what I would expect if she had gotten into a fight.

threesocksmeghan Fri 27-Oct-17 16:12:11

She actually sits in the kitchen and asks to GO outside...

MissConductUS Fri 27-Oct-17 16:48:16

I'd give her a few days and then run her into the vet for a look if she's still acting odd. She could be in some sort of pain.

Papergirl1968 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:22:28

Dcat does this every now and again. Goes out very reluctantly, won’t go out of the garden, and runs back in as quick as he can.
Then after a couple of days he will be fine again and go off exploring for a couple of hours as normal.
I’m assuming it’s because he has seen another cat or something else has frightened him.
The last couple of nights he has been waking me up at some ungodly hour for cuddles too, but I think that he is missing dds who have been away for half term.

pepperrabbit Fri 27-Oct-17 22:27:41

Have there been fireworks nearby? Mine used to get really jumpy (now she's completely deaf ).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now