Talk

Advanced search

Do neutered male cats normally masturbate?

(47 Posts)
NotdeadyetBOING Fri 27-Oct-17 09:58:05

Our 5 year old cat has taken to 'pleasuring himself' shamelessly against fleecy blankets. It is quite a spectacle... He finishes off by licking the 'result of his efforts'. Often over and over again. Is this normal behaviour or has he just turned into an old perv? Part of me thinks - fair enough - but it is pretty gross. I grew up with cats and don't remember this......!

MephistophelesApprentice Fri 27-Oct-17 10:01:37

I don't know if it's normal, but my elderly neutered male still does it, and with an uncomfortable level of unbroken eye contact.

KarateKitten Fri 27-Oct-17 10:02:10

Gross! Never seen or heard of that. I'd kick him out. No manners.

Rudedog Fri 27-Oct-17 10:02:55

Our 3 year old has a 'girlfriend ' (a fleece blanket) I think it's fairly common.

NotdeadyetBOING Fri 27-Oct-17 10:30:47

Yes - the unbroken eye contact is seriously disconcerting!!! Relieved it's not just ours. DH is all for burning all fleecy blankets in the house....

SanFranBear Fri 27-Oct-17 11:56:40

Oh yes - mine is a devil for it! The eye contact comment made me grin - it's really quite unpleasant and yet I can't look away either (normally because he's on my lap, urgh!)

SilverSpot Fri 27-Oct-17 12:14:28

Oh one of my old cats used to do it, gross isn't it!

CrazyHairSister Fri 27-Oct-17 12:15:31

One of our cats loves a fleecy blanket for this specific purpose grin

CaptainWarbeck Fri 27-Oct-17 12:16:57

Yes our neutered cat does this... with enthusiastic hip thrusts too. Then he settles down and falls asleep.

MephistophelesApprentice Fri 27-Oct-17 12:20:52

It appears fleecy blankets are the common denominator.

Oh, gods, I left mine on my bed today...

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Fri 27-Oct-17 14:21:04

Yep, my older cat also has a wanky blanky, the dirty fecker

flumpybear Fri 27-Oct-17 14:22:04

confused

shhhfastasleep Fri 27-Oct-17 15:05:40

So glad I have a girl cat ...

MephistophelesApprentice Fri 27-Oct-17 16:00:53

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv

Thanks to you my office wants to know why I'm currently crippled with laughter. grin

Want2beme Fri 27-Oct-17 17:20:08

My old fella used to do this with great gusto to my leg. Many a night I had to shake him off. Vet said it was instinctive behaviour.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Fri 27-Oct-17 18:34:19

Probs NSFW, @MephistophelesApprentice

Vinorosso74 Fri 27-Oct-17 18:54:05

Oh my I think I'll stick to girl cats! Our old boy cat loved belly rubs but would get a little excited and poke his willy out.

AGoodCupOfTea Fri 27-Oct-17 22:36:51

This has reminded me of a time when I used to live at home and we had this aggressive horny male cat. He used to hump my piglet teddy blush

He also used to steal chicken thighs and growl if you tried to get it back.

Checklist Fri 27-Oct-17 23:16:00

Our last cat, a spayed female used to be kneading me.with the front paws, while squatting over me.on her back legs, often turning round and round. This used.to go on for about 20 minutes, then she would suddenly stop and walk off. Typically she did it about 3 times a day! She also normally slept on my bed all night. I was the only person, who could.handle her and even when she batted me with a paw, the claws were in - whereas everybody else.felt the full benefit of her claws!

StillMedusa Sat 28-Oct-17 00:42:01

My beloved Morph was a neuter with two hump favourites... DS2's 'Bear in the big Blue house' and my head...at night!
Hard to say which was the most disturbing... waking to find a 24 pound Maine Coon humping your head is bad... but hearing 'Bear' start singing 'Welcome to the big blue house' mid coitus....

I binned Bear in the end !!!

Nonibaloni Sat 28-Oct-17 00:58:42

I replied and it vanished.
Do females do this too? My 1 year old rubs (for want of s better word) her lady bits all over the dogs bed. It’s in the scooting stance but not the usual scoot scoot scoot. Vet has checked everything she can think of.

ColinsVeryJolly Sat 28-Oct-17 01:04:24

Our old neutered Tom had a 'special friend', my lovely cuddly cow teddy. He always managed to have home the correct way round too.

Sunbeam18 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:05:22

Be glad its not your arm (like my cat)

MadMags Sat 28-Oct-17 08:08:55

I can't wear my beloved furry dressing gown anywhere near my perverted cat sad

@StillMedusa I'm sniggering at your post!

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Sat 28-Oct-17 08:14:50

Dear god I didn’t even know this was a thing .,, I’m naive aren’t I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now