Talk

Advanced search

A bit gutted...

(9 Posts)
MulhuddartDrive Thu 26-Oct-17 22:04:01

I don't want a cat. I like them in theory but I'm allergic to them and the fluff everywhere would drive me batty. But a lovely seemingly stray ginger cat (I think a tom) has been hanging out in the garden the last few days. I've been very good and resisted feeding well, just the once but as he sat on the window will looking at me longingly, I decided I'd at least take him to a vet on Saturday if he's still here. Meanwhile I'd work on dh who actually doesn't want a cat.

But I spoke to the next door neighbor this evening and she's already named him, made him a bed in her shed and phoned the vet! She's stolen my stray shock

Toddlerteaplease Thu 26-Oct-17 22:18:04

You can still see him and play with him without the responsibility.

MulhuddartDrive Thu 26-Oct-17 22:32:05

Dh was delighted that he could suggest that earlier grin I'm googling cat adoption places!

Want2beme Thu 26-Oct-17 23:19:27

Oh, never mind, there'll be another floof along soon for you to become slave to. Sorry to hear he's already been taken.

Oops4 Thu 26-Oct-17 23:55:32

Haha, you've both been played by a clever cat. I suspect Mr stray will choose where he wants to live. And a bed in the shed? I'm sure you can up your temptations beyond that 😉

Welcome to the world of cat ownership (that's the cat owning you).

PS. My cat never leaves any fluff behind 🙂

MulhuddartDrive Fri 27-Oct-17 17:49:23

Cat was chipped so on his way home to his family. Apparently his owner cried when the vet called, he'd been missing for a month!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 27-Oct-17 18:56:45

The owner must have thought the worst.

You could always look around a rescue. Men never consult us on hobbies & pets are a hobby.

They take up time.
They cost money.
They need accessories & things to enhance the experience.

That's the hallmarks of a hobby.

Want2beme Fri 27-Oct-17 19:14:04

Fluffycloudland77 yes, that sounds perfectly feasible to me. I'm definitely convinced.

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:35:52

Maybe visit a few local rescues, just in case there's one you don't have an allergic reaction to, not that you want one of course, but if you came across one.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now