Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Floofs getting neutered tomorrow, feel a bit nervous

(18 Posts)
Leaningtoweroflisa Mon 23-Oct-17 20:32:52

I know it’s the right thing to do, best for their health and for the cat population control thing, —and it will stop them spraying before they start hopefully— but I feel nervous and guilty.

Poor wee lads, losing their balls before they even know what they’re for!

Anyone wise and experienced able to tell me what to expect /how to look after them post op please? —and to tell me to give my head a wobble—

They are going to be so annoyed when I take their food away shortly as well!

Leaningtoweroflisa Mon 23-Oct-17 20:33:17

Ooh strike out fail blush

Santawontbelong Mon 23-Oct-17 20:37:25

So this is a farewell to the balls party? winecake

ScrabbleFiend Mon 23-Oct-17 20:43:39

Don't worry, honestly they'll be fine, it's a very quick op grin, if they're still kittens they'll barely notice. Don't take food away too early though, there's no need, just before you go to bed will be fine. They might be a bit groggy afterwards or they might be hyper, depends which drugs they use! It's just a matter of keeping them warm and settled (and indoors) for the first 24-48 hours then they'll be back to normal.

Want2beme Mon 23-Oct-17 20:49:52

I always feel terribly guilty, but I wouldn't not do it. They'll be ok and you'll be glad you've done it. It'll be over before you know it and they'll recover pretty quickly - they won't even notice.

Don't worry, everything will be fine.brewcake

Leaningtoweroflisa Mon 23-Oct-17 21:00:48

Thanks, everyone, reassurance really does help with the guilts! Ooh why hadn’t I thought of a bye bye balls party? They both have huge furry balls already...
They’ve both been really pleased to see me and snuggly this evening, I’m being snoozed on right now.

dementedpixie Mon 23-Oct-17 21:04:47

My two were quite quiet for a while after but the incision didn't seem to bother them much (it's left open to heal itself). The op doesnt look nice (I watched one on YouTube!). Mine were done at 4 months and they got chipped at the same time

Vinorosso74 Mon 23-Oct-17 21:04:58

I reckon they'll be more annoyed by the food being removed than their balls being removed!
I think it's normal to worry about these things but the vet will have done the procedure many times and it is quick.

dementedpixie Mon 23-Oct-17 21:17:04

They get fed before they leave the vet. They were there a good few hours though

Santawontbelong Mon 23-Oct-17 21:17:27

Well 2 pairs of furry earrings would make excellent Xmas gifts!! grin

dementedpixie Mon 23-Oct-17 21:20:33

The furry bits are still there as they just pull the inside bits out. It doesn't look gentle at all

florapearl Mon 23-Oct-17 21:21:57

I wondered if my vet just charged me £50 for keeping George overnight!

Allergictoironing Mon 23-Oct-17 22:08:04

Poor wee lads, losing their balls before they even know what they’re for!

If you think about it, kinder to do it before they learn what they will be missing grin.

MyCatMyRules Mon 23-Oct-17 22:36:11

Previous dcat was fine, just looked a bit puzzled for a few days. Current cheeky rescue cat was done at the shelter before he chose
us to worship the ground he walks on so can't comment.
They'll be fine OP, you'll be pacing the corridor till the veterinary surgeon comes out still in his scrubs, whips off his mask and smiles. Then you'll know it's all gone ok.
Sending flowers to your kitties for a speedy recovery grin

Leaningtoweroflisa Mon 23-Oct-17 22:58:42

Thinking about asking the vet if he can fashion me some furry earrings just to see the look on his or her face... yes they are already shouting about their food. Silly little floofs you should have eaten it when I put it out instead of licking it a few times and walking away disdainfully.

They have two cardboard boxes to play with, so I think they’ll cope!

Thanks everyone, I feel happier about tomorrow. Will feel better when it’s done and dusted tomorrow though!

Santawontbelong Mon 23-Oct-17 23:01:05

(when my dm was diagnosed with cervical cancer she asked her consultant if she could have her ovaries to make a pair of earrings!!) shock

Leaningtoweroflisa Tue 24-Oct-17 16:41:27

😯😂 santa your DM has style! Hope she’s ok.

Well they’re home. Siggy has completely taken it in his stride, and was starving. Starry is still off his face, wanting stroked. He had a bit of cat litter glued to his empty nutsack and didn’t appreciate me removing it.

He’s cream, so the blood round his bits and on his tail shows up a lot, poor thing. His third eyelid is across. He kept pushing his brother away from the food and then just staring at it while Siggy went to the other bowl (and repeat). They’re both getting stuck into some shredded chicken now.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 24-Oct-17 18:28:52

They'll be better in the morning. I don't think their under long.

I felt horribly guilty when ours went in, sobbed all the way home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now