Talk

Advanced search

How do you move on?

(2 Posts)
sugarplumfairy28 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:57:48

I lost my George a year ago last weekend, and I still cannot move on and get on with life.

I am going through a tough time in life in general, and it has been challenging the last few years to say the least. My George was my everything and words cannot do justice to what we had. He knew me so well, comforted me, made me laugh with his antics, and just had so, so much love. He died suddenly at the ripe age of 6 (and a half). I think of him several times a day and still cry about losing him on a regular basis.

We have 10 other cats (one rescue addition since George passed away), and I do love them dearly, but the relationship I have with them is nowhere near the same as I did with George, and it makes it so obvious that George was different.

How do you move on? How do I try and get passed this? If this was any other situation George would be by my side, he would seek me out and stay with me. I don't know how to cope.

MissConductUS Sat 21-Oct-17 22:07:53

I had a similar relationship with my old girl Toodles. I've other cats now and I love them for who they are, but they will never replace her. My comfort is the wonderful life and companionship I was able to give her when she was with me. She was a very happy cat.

May I suggest that you seek grief counseling? It's no less needed for loved pets than people, particularly when they cross the bridge in the prime of life.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now