Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal for them to be obbsessed with fireworks?

(6 Posts)
EachandEveryone Thu 19-Oct-17 22:53:05

I can’t decide if they ate spooked by them or not. I’m in an area that celebrates alit and tonight they are going off like mad. Both of them are scratching to go outside and watch. I’ve had to take them both out and hold them, the crackers are frightening me but they don’t seem to be fazed. I’m not letting them out on their own though.

EachandEveryone Thu 19-Oct-17 22:53:54

Are spooked

SayrraT Sat 21-Oct-17 13:14:10

Our cat always sits on the windowsill and watches fireworks. I don't think he is scared. I don't know if it's "normal" but thought I'd let you know that your cats aren't the only ones.

EachandEveryone Sat 21-Oct-17 13:27:36

My friends dogs all hate them I wondered if cats were different? She literally had me in and out again last night I had to hold her up so she could she?!!

TroysMammy Sun 22-Oct-17 10:12:05

One of my cats used to sit on the back doorstep pretending he was hard. Considering the bangs from the fireworks used to go off for ages before and after bonfire night he had to get used to them otherwise he wouldn't go out for 4 weeks.

TheLongRider Sun 22-Oct-17 11:03:44

One of mine hates them and he cowers under the table. One sleeps through them and one growls at at them and is utterly fascinated by the fireworks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now