Talk

Advanced search

Things my cat has stolen

(35 Posts)
TheLongRider Thu 19-Oct-17 21:36:39

I'll start, in no particular order and over many years of cat ownership:-

A side of smoked salmon from a buffet.

A McDonald's Happy Meal toy, we had no children at the time.

Marzipan balls from a Christmas cake.

Sausages from under a lit grill

Meat from the shopping bag while it was bing unpacked.

There's plenty more...!

Ruhrpott Thu 19-Oct-17 21:39:56

Mine has learnt how to open the bin and nicks all the rubbish out of it. We have to be careful now what we throw in it! She also jumps in the fridge whenever possible and tries to steal ham. She also will nick food off your plate if you don’t watch her and will steal any food left lying around.

VanGoghsLeftEar Thu 19-Oct-17 21:42:57

My wedding ring. Then she presented it back to me as a gift, and looked hioeful for a reward!

VanGoghsLeftEar Thu 19-Oct-17 21:43:11

*hopeful

Milliemoo37 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:43:47

Mine likes the babies dummies. She takes them when DS spits them out and hides them underneath the settee. Costs us a fortune!

Wolfiefan Thu 19-Oct-17 21:44:15

Dreamies
My spot on the bed
My contraceptive pills.
My heart!

witchmountain Thu 19-Oct-17 21:45:09

Items from the bathroom cupboard (stands on hind legs on sink) - favours anything long and thin, so cotton buds, tweezers etc.

Obsessed with the Apple Pencil for my iPad Pro and makes off with it if I leave it unattended.

The surveyor’s pen when my flat was being valued.

The water from the glass beside my bed.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 19-Oct-17 22:22:42

My heart, and my pillow, apart from that, they couldn’t catch a cold! They aren’t the brightest or most cat like of cats!

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Thu 19-Oct-17 22:26:10

Mine are fairly rubbish at this stealing lark. The old one did raid the food rubbish bin the other day for lamb cutlet bones, though with only one tooth I'm not sure what he was going to do with them.

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 19-Oct-17 22:32:14

One of mine came trotting in with a raw Dover sole once. It wasn't mine, so must have been stolen from a neighbour's house.
Current one is a good boy, although he does like hair bobbles.

TheLongRider Thu 19-Oct-17 22:42:43

A pheasant from a next door neighbour, my Dad thought he'd actually caught it! The cat couldn't catch a cold.

RamblinRosie Sat 21-Oct-17 03:08:11

One of mine once stole a loaded kebab skewer, he got a shock when he tried to exit via the cat flap. -We retrieved and cooked it.-

He also made an attempt to steal a turkey that was defrosting on top of the fridge-freezer, he did the classic leap, missed the top, and skated down legs all splayed out. Total Tom and Jerry.

This cat never did things by half, he once stopped all traffic on the A2 to Kent, it was diverted down our normally quiet residential road, he froze in the centre of the road, fortunately the truck driver just stopped and hooted and my neighbor ran out and scooped him up.

He repaid her by by walking his muddy paws along every horizontal surface in her newly cleaned bathroom and eating a milk pudding she'd made - that furry little sod cost me many a bottle of wine. We both loved the little bastard!

ElizaDontlittle Sat 21-Oct-17 09:52:00

Non food wise - the kitten nabs anything he can move. I spent days looking for a star cutter I was making cards with - not under the settee or the table etc - to eventually find it in an unused cat house. Same with makeup/ pens/ change etc.

My big cat steals socks, dirty or clean. She had a go at a pair of tights from the washing basket the other day.

Food wise the kitten just tends to stick his face in anything I'm eating rather than head off with it, with the exception of sausages. They are just the right shape for feline mouths!!!

Love them both anyway.

Lillagroda Sat 21-Oct-17 09:57:00

Chips, socks and hair bands are the triggers in this house.

flumpybear Sat 21-Oct-17 10:08:55

Half a hamburger from another persons house
The unused beef joint after Sunday dinner - again from a neighbours house

Toddlerteaplease Sat 21-Oct-17 10:19:08

Wish my two would get up to mischief like this. Lovely though they are, they are a bit boring!

Santawontbelong Sat 21-Oct-17 10:20:51

Vegetables from plates and growls if anyone approaches!!

Mulch Sat 21-Oct-17 10:28:50

Elastic bands
Babies rattles
Babies dummies
My heart
Dressing gown ties

ememem84 Sat 21-Oct-17 10:38:44

Hair clips. Hair bands. Ds’ dummies. Dh’s shoelaces. One of my shoes.

All taken into her under the bed cave.

Thingvellir Sat 21-Oct-17 10:59:22

Just food. Eating baked beans from the pan is her favourite. She will eat any food left out and will bite through packaging to get to it!

She’s never brought anything in from outside though

anoldiebutagoody Sat 21-Oct-17 11:07:21

Our first cat, was a prolific hunter and used to catch large birds and eat them under the dining room table, how she got them through the cat door I never knew.
I was used to coming home to a half eaten bird and loads of feathers everywhere but was rather surprised one Sunday to find a leg of lamb under the table -shame she'd thoroughly chewed it 😂

viques Sat 21-Oct-17 11:08:30

I was at Ms Viques once waiting for her to get ready and she called down to help my self from the box of Heroes next to the sofa. I had one. Then picked out another. The wrapping had little teeth marks on it!
I erm ' challenged ' her about this and learnt that her dear cats both loved nothing more than helping themselves to a hero, and batting it around the sitting room until they decided it was deceased . She said she didn't think the teeth had got through the wrapping and she doesn't like chocolate much anyway so just popped them back in the box. Lovely girl in many other ways.

MyCatMyRules Sat 21-Oct-17 11:12:35

2 miniature sample tubes of face cream and my lip salve. Never did find them.

viques Sat 21-Oct-17 11:18:33

Remembered another one, a friend had Burmese thieves and vandals, I mean dear cats. She made two huge and beautiful pies for a choir supper. Unfortunately someone left the utility door open and she found the centre of both pies destroyed. Just the centre, of both.

Piewraith Sat 21-Oct-17 12:32:03

My menstrual cup. Left it on the bathroom shelf to dry after I cleaned it. Later I saw her running around the house playing with it, using the stem to swing it and throw it up in the air.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now