Talk

Advanced search

My darling girl has gone

(10 Posts)
ElliottSmithsfingers Tue 17-Oct-17 12:56:01

She was almost 17 and had advanced cancer. She stopped eating a few days ago and was choking while drinking. Had lost almost 60% of body weight (and still purred for us). We tried everything to save her but couldn't, and last night I had to concede it was enough. My heart is broken in a thousand pieces. Please somebody give me some words of comfort as this hurts so much - I had had her since she was a kitten and she was my best friend.

preproombabe Tue 17-Oct-17 13:03:13

So sorry to read this Elliott, my heartfelt sympathies. I am currently going through the same with my kitty, not sure how long she has left but probably a few days/weeks, so I know how you feel. It is so upsetting.

Take comfort from knowing you did your very best by her, and in time you will be able to think of her with warmth and fond memories. I am sure she had a very happy life with you, and no cat could need more.

Hugs to you xx

TranquilityofSolitude Tue 17-Oct-17 13:06:04

So sorry, Elliott. flowers

Sunnystars Tue 17-Oct-17 13:27:30

So sorry for your loss Elliott flowers

I lost my girl about 6 weeks ago, she was 18 and I'd had her from a tiny kitten. It was very sudden as she was fine in the morning but when I got in from work she had ballooned up with kidney failure.
The next few days were horrible and everything was raw but with it came a sense of relief that she was at peace.

I still miss her and I'm looking into getting some sort of private remembrance of her, been looking at jewellery or considering a small paw print tattoo on my shoulder with the initial of her name.

Allow yourself to grieve, don't tell anyone who doesn't need to know immediately, leave it until you are stronger.
Prepare your best withering look in case someone tells you it's just a cat hmm sad....as happened to my dd.

UnMumsnetty ((hugs))

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 17-Oct-17 13:53:16

So sorry Elliott
flowers
You gave her a kind and loving home and that is what a good cat guardian does. She had a good life with you.

Primamadonna Tue 17-Oct-17 15:02:21

So sorry Elliot flowers
Going through this myself, lost mine on Saturday morning, so I know what the pain is like. I know it will get easier in time and i try and remember the good times.
Let yourself grieve x

Vinorosso74 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:11:10

I'm so sorry flowers. I had that chat with the vet about our 15yo girl last week but she seems to have got her fight back (for now at least). Is so tough having elderly animals. They are such a big part of the family it is devastating when they go.

Want2beme Tue 17-Oct-17 18:22:59

Very sorry for your loss Elliott. It's a sad time for you. It's very difficult when you've had them from kittenhood. Give yourself lots of time to come to terms with your loss. She had a good life with you and you did your very best for her. She'll always be with youflowers

ElliottSmithsfingers Tue 17-Oct-17 21:12:44

Thank you so much for your kind words, and so sorry for your losses too. 24 hours gone and I miss her more than words can express.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Tue 17-Oct-17 21:15:20

I am so sorry. It is hard to lose our beloved kitties. flowers Do you have a favourite picture of her to share?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now