Talk

Advanced search

Is there a sound evolutionary reason why my cat won't eat from a food bowl placed in a corner?

(8 Posts)
TheTurnOfTheScrew Mon 16-Oct-17 13:42:09

Or is she just being a knobhead?

We've moved her food and water after reorganising the kitchen. It's now tucked into a corner, after we vetoed near the radiator (wet food will go stinky) and near the litter tray (I assume not nice for her?).

She's barely eaten since, and has a face like thunder. She knows where the bowl is, as the kids keep tempting her over there with Dreamies. Is there a reason cats won't eat in corners, or is she just being a git?

YetAnotherSpartacus Mon 16-Oct-17 13:46:43

It's not where it used to be. 'nuff said.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 13:47:05

Yes. She’s a cat. No explanation required!

TheTurnOfTheScrew Mon 16-Oct-17 13:50:46

DH thought she might feel vulnerable in the corner grin.
I said she was just being difficult, because she knows the power balance in this house is tipped in her favour.

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Mon 16-Oct-17 13:52:47

You obviously should now move around the kitchen so the cats stuff is back where it was.
Honestly, the cheek of the butlers these days....

Allergictoironing Mon 16-Oct-17 14:44:24

Well there is the possibility that she does feel vulnerable with the bowl in the corner. 2 of her possible flight directions are cut off, and if something approached her from behind (in the wild that is) she'd be trapped and probably killed/eaten.

Adarajames Mon 16-Oct-17 15:58:08

Cats are just obnoxious self important bastards is all

PosiePootlePerkins Mon 16-Oct-17 16:21:09

When we had our kitchen refitted, we had to move our (now departed) old girl's food into the lounge for a few weeks. She'd sit in the place where her old food used to be, staring at us. We'd show her the new food place, she'd have a bite or two, then go and sit back in the old place. You could see her thinking 'Just put it back slave. I shall not eat it over there, its WRONG'
In other words, your cat is being a catgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now