Talk

Advanced search

My DF refers to my PFP's as rats. Should I go NC?

(39 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 11:14:06

My otherwise lovely dad has referred to my beautiful Fatty and Snorg as rats on more than one occasion. Would I be unreasonable to go NC with him?

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 11:14:48

(PFP= precious first Persians)

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Mon 16-Oct-17 11:16:12

Not only would I go non com but I would take to posting real rats through his letter box at night

SentimentalLentil Mon 16-Oct-17 11:16:33

Just remind him how intelligent, loving and clean rats are.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 11:25:59

Hmm, I have a massive phobia of rodents. So I’m not sure that’s a great plan!

thecatneuterer Mon 16-Oct-17 11:28:54

Oh what a cute rat!! I just adore rats ...

That's not very helpful I know.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 11:35:48

Even I have to admit that rat is cute. But it Bares no resemblance to my princesses! He once called fatty a ‘stunted little rat’ and when I asked what he said he said. What a ‘what a gorgeous little cat’

Want2beme Mon 16-Oct-17 15:38:03

Your rat is too cute!

Let you PFP's do their worst Toddler.

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Mon 16-Oct-17 15:41:04

I'm sorry but I'm really not convinced that rat is real - far too cute. Cuddly toy? grin

Also not very helpful op - sorry.

Ollivander84 Mon 16-Oct-17 16:46:39

My dad doesn't do cats. He tried to stroke Ollie like a dog and Ollie shot off and he went "not very friendly is it?" angry
Well no, not with you waving your shovel hands about scaring him!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 17:04:11

My dad actually adores cats. He’s completely soppy about them. When I first got them, he was disappointed they wouldn’t go anywhere near him. Turns out they didn’t like the chair he used to sit in. I think he still bears this grudge against them.

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 16-Oct-17 17:42:30

Rats are cute, have pointy faces, no fluff are quite small and run around energetically.
Persians are cute, flat faced and completely static for hours on end, like some sort of furry art installation.
Easy to tell the differencegrin

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 18:16:46

Weeds, was it you who described them as furniture with fur? I love that. Mine aren’t particularly stationary. And rarely sit still for more than ten minutes! Especially when sitting on my head at 3am.
To do my DF justice he is an excellent cat sitter, and has dropped everything several times to stay at my house when I’ve been on nights and one of the girls has had surgery/ been poorly. (However I think it’s got more to do with my super fast WIFI, which he hasn’t got!)

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 16-Oct-17 18:33:42

I can't take credit for originating that description toddler , but it was me that mentioned I'd read it somewhere!

Toddlerteaplease Tue 17-Oct-17 12:36:32

One of my lovely colleagues has given me a birthday card with cats on it, and written inside; “actual cute cats”. My cats are beautiful, why Diesbt everyone else see it!! grinhmm

thewreckofthehesperus Tue 17-Oct-17 12:48:15

Ok so I know this isn't AIBU but I think you're being very unreasonable not posting pics of said cats for our enjoyment glitterball

Allergictoironing Tue 17-Oct-17 13:06:13

Yep more pics of Fatty and Snorg are always welcome smile

Cute floofy things with cute noses should have their pics posted at any opportunity - especially as they are rare for Persians in that they don't look perpetually pissed off grin

steppemum Tue 17-Oct-17 13:10:23

To do my DF justice he is an excellent cat sitter, and has dropped everything several times to stay at my house when I’ve been on nights and one of the girls has had surgery/ been poorly.

Ha! It is all a ruse, he is actually jealous, and wishes they were his
<ignores the bit about the wifi>

abigailgabble Tue 17-Oct-17 13:41:28

omg that rat is too much 😍 @SentimentalLentil

YetAnotherSpartacus Tue 17-Oct-17 14:21:06

Is it just me or does that rat look a little like Yoda?

Toddlerteaplease Tue 17-Oct-17 16:14:47

I can’t post any today as over the limit. Will do it tomorrow.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 17-Oct-17 16:15:50

Allergic, they were looking daggers at me this morning!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 17-Oct-17 16:17:35

Harry and I are shocked and disgusted on Fatty and Snorg's behalf. While I like rats (not sure about the Baron) I don't feel it was being said as a compliment in this case.

Give them lots of snuggles from us.

Allergictoironing Tue 17-Oct-17 16:19:49

Looking daggers is fine, it's just that some have a sort of permanent grumpy look even when they are happy. Fine in a small amount, but some are so exaggerated!

Toddlerteaplease Tue 17-Oct-17 18:29:41

Pink. A friend I’ve only known a couple of weeks came to meet them and called Magic fat, and funny looking etc. Then was upset as they wouldn’t come near her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: