Talk

Advanced search

What's this on Fattycat's back.

(22 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sun 15-Oct-17 16:48:20

Just noticed some white hairs on her and there is a completely white patch of skin on her back. With white hair round the edges. It’s not bothering her at all. I’ d not noticed it before today. The bald spot isn’t sore and she’s happy for me to touch it. She’s fine in herself. Sorry about the dodgy pics. She won’t sit still.

Ollivander84 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:02:44

O had something like that, it was as if he had pulled a scab off. It went away eventually

thecatneuterer Sun 15-Oct-17 17:02:57

That's a mystery. I always suspect ringworm with sudden bald spots, but that doesn't look like it. And the white hair doesn't fit with that either and is very odd. Can bleach have been dropped on him? I'm clutching at straws here ...

thecatneuterer Sun 15-Oct-17 17:03:43

Or as Ollivander says, it could just have been were a scab was. But what about the white hair?

DancesWithOtters Sun 15-Oct-17 17:05:03

My Toms has a weird scar scabby bit from a scrap wound and the fur grew back a funny colour, like translucent fur.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 15-Oct-17 17:14:53

I wondered about a scab but it’s the white hair round the Edges that’s puzzled me. She quite happy to let me touch and press it. So it’s not sore.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 15-Oct-17 17:15:24

I doubt it’s bleach as I don’t use it.

Ollivander84 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:17:18

Could there have been a matted bit there that's stuck then come off like a scab? His always go white but then change back confused definitely strange!

Toddlerteaplease Sun 15-Oct-17 17:24:49

Yes it could have been, but she’s brushed very regularly and I check for matts. But if she’d had a tussle with her sister that might explain it.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 15-Oct-17 18:26:11

Apparently it’s quite common for hair to grow back white. Just odd that I never noticed an injury or scab etc. Proper photo for her admirers!

DancesWithOtters Sun 15-Oct-17 19:17:15

She's lovely. Very regal. She knows she's better than all of us.

Allergictoironing Sun 15-Oct-17 20:11:15

Horses will often go white where they've had an injury, as will some dogs, so I'm guessing it's the same with cats?

My friend's Doberman is soft as anything, just did play fighting with his siblings when they were young, but he has a speckled head from that (mostly on the ears). And yes, they were all treated properly for the few scrapes they gave each other.

TheLongRider Sun 15-Oct-17 21:20:09

Toddler, she looks gorgeous, like one of the soot sprites from the film "My Neighbour Totoro"

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 15-Oct-17 21:37:02

I'm not having a good day today and seeing Fattycat has cheered me up!

(Sorry, I'm no help with the fur issue!)

Toddlerteaplease Sun 15-Oct-17 23:23:28

Pink. I tried to post a picture of Snorg for you, but I was over the limit. Any chance of a pic of Harry?

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 18:19:25

@PinkSparklyPussyCat, more pics just to cheer you up!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 16-Oct-17 19:08:18

They are such gorgeous girls, seeing them always makes me smile.

Sorry, I missed your request for a picture of Harry. I'm always happy to oblige, here's the Baron himself!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 19:45:34

He’s looking very smug!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 16-Oct-17 20:10:57

I like to think of him as thoughtful rather than smug but you're probably right!

Can I just say that my kitchen was being replaced when I took the first one, it's not usually that grim!

DancesWithOtters Mon 16-Oct-17 22:02:36

@Toddlerteaplease I spy a cat teepee ⛺️smile

Toddlerteaplease Mon 16-Oct-17 22:24:29

Snorg has actually been In it.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 22-Oct-17 16:26:20

Just been to vet for a 6 monthly health check, vet doesn’t know what it is, but since the ringworm test was only £11 we did one just to rule it out. Didn’t realise they charge for claw clips and ear cleaning if it’s done during the consultation. It was £110 for the pair of them. (Although it did include ointment as Snorg has conjunctivitis)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now