Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OMG ! my little bundle of terror has come in with a mouse

(17 Posts)
lanternlady Sat 14-Oct-17 20:52:43

OMG!! What do I do ?

My little bundle of terror has for the first time brought in a little baby mouse and let it go and now the poor thing has run under my sideboard

What do I do ???

He’s currently crouching down waiting for it to come out , which I don’t think it’s doing anytime soon , he’s never done this before and he’s 4 confused

OurMiracle1106 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:54:29

If it were me I would remove said cat. Catch poor mouse and release it back into the wild.

—but I’m a sucker—

ViserionTheDragon Sat 14-Oct-17 20:57:41

Ahhhhh he's showing you he loves you OP by bringing you the mouse grin.

Can you distract him with a furry toy for a while so he'll forget about it?

We've had similar incidents in the past. They always come out eventually.....

Mulch Sat 14-Oct-17 20:59:25

Once cats out way you need a box and Peanut butter

Topseyt Sat 14-Oct-17 21:17:51

When mine was that age he brought all sorts of stuff back. Mice, birds, even live toads which hopped madly around and we're the very devil to trap and evict.

DH used to keep his walking boots by the back door, where the cat flap is. One day he went to put his boots on and got quite a shock when he couldn't because the cat had stored a toad inside the toe of one of them. It was still alive and uninjured, and hopped away sharpish when tipped out in the garden.

I never did find an answer to the problem when my cat was young, but it has pretty much solved itself now that he is elderly (16 now) and he no longer hunts.

HemanOrSheRa Sat 14-Oct-17 21:24:57

Have you got a cardboard tube? One that posters come in is ideal. But a kitchen roll inner would work. Seal up one end, put a dab of peanut butter inside. Encourage little mouse to run into tube. Let little mouse outside. Take the cat outside of the room first! And don't let the cat outside. The mouse will probably freeze with shock at first and your kitty will catch it again.

lanternlady Sat 14-Oct-17 21:28:13

Looks like he’s given up now and gone back outside . Hopefully he won’t bring another one in !

Will try the peanut butter trick and hopefully it works , the sideboard is too heavy to move .

He’s a stubborn fella , and he’s never brought anything in before , he does like to torment the frogs in the garden , you can hear the poor things screaming sometimes so I have to go out and save them ,
He’s started to get more affectionate lately though and is sleeping on our bed at night instead of his scratching pad which he usually tends to sleep on ,
Here’s the terror

RubbishMantra Sat 14-Oct-17 21:43:37

What a cute little terror he is. It's always strange when you realise your small furry bundle has mad skillz when it comes to murder and torture.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 14-Oct-17 22:07:40

I would burn the house down!

HemanOrSheRa Sat 14-Oct-17 22:11:22

He is gorgeous! You can't be cross with that face. And he brings you gifts! Love his nose smudge smile.

Shylo Sat 14-Oct-17 22:11:46

My cats do this all the time, they are complete dicks. If the mouse is running around the kids and I are now pretty good at catching them in a Tupperware box smile ..... if they've holed up like yours I have a human trap I leave by the hiding place with peanut butter and that usually works ..... wellies are also useful - lay it down so it's open end is up against the hiding hole, little mouse sees it as a place of safety and you can then put the welly out in the garden. An old welly is best unless you don't mind mouse poo in your boot lol

Shylo Sat 14-Oct-17 22:12:22

Humane trap obvs, a human trap would be weird ......

lanternlady Sat 14-Oct-17 22:23:15

Thanks for all the tips , hopefully they will help xxsmile

Icequeen01 Sun 15-Oct-17 08:34:09

I have two ginger boys who are constantly bringing home live mice who escape and go under the sideboard/sofa etc. Always know when I come down in the morning to find the pair of them crouched down staring under an item of furniture that we have a little visitor! We've had two mice this week!

I have a humane trap which I bought for less than £10 on Amazon and I usually find a little critter in it after a couple of hours if I put in a tiny bit of chocolate or cheese and then close the door to the room so it's nice and quiet. Hard bit is taking the poor thing back to the fields without a trail of my own and the neighbour's cats following me!

BiglyBadgers Sun 15-Oct-17 08:40:11

Ours likes to bring them in during the early hours of the morning for a fun game of catch the mouse. I have taken to immediately putting the cat in the bathroom while I remove the critter. He has stopped doing it as much now he doesn't get to enjoy the chaos.

Silvercatowner Sun 15-Oct-17 17:10:56

Ours brought a newt in last night. It was a dear little thing (newt, not cat). We picked it up in a tea towel and put it back in the pond.

LavenderDoll Mon 16-Oct-17 18:59:24

What a beautiful cat and a thoughtful one as well bringing you presents

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now