Talk

Advanced search

Kitten approaching other cats

(3 Posts)
Hookedoncatnip Sun 08-Oct-17 22:15:53

My kitten is 10 months now. Last week I found her approaching another cat on our shed. She hissed at him as I picked her up to bring her inside. I’ve seen this particular Siamese cat chasing another cat through our garden. He doesn’t seem very friendly.

Yesterday in the same bit of the garden we found her cautiously approaching a rather large, older cat on the same shed. I think she wanted to get closer to have a sniff of him/her. Other cat just sat there but then saw me and walked off. They were both a little hesitant/jumpy.

My kitten then followed the big cat to the next garden. Big cat not too interested in her and she didn’t get close enough to sniff him.

I’m just curious about my kitten’s behaviour with these two cats. It seemed as if she wanted to befriend big b/w cat but not the Siamese so much. Any amateur ‘cat behaviourists’ out there? What was she up to?

She’s quite a confident curious little cat and loves being outside.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 09-Oct-17 16:29:36

Mine did it as a young cat too, he found a big black farm cat to teach him how to cat.

Hookedoncatnip Mon 09-Oct-17 17:04:55

I did wonder if that was the case.

I think the second big cat is probably a safer bet. The other one looks as if he has seen a fight or two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now