Talk

Advanced search

Male cat - nipples

(13 Posts)
Bluesheep8 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:30:39

Hi, my very large neutered Tom cat seems to have 4 nipples, 2 on each side. He is a rescue with an unknown history but has some russian blue in him and a very siamese voice! The two nearest his back legs are very visible when he's stretched out. I've had male vats previously but don't recall nipples. Not sure why I'm asking,as it's obviously 'normal' for him I suppose I want to know if this is something your cat has? I will yry to post a pic

Bluesheep8 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:33:26

Male CATS!!!

sluj Sat 07-Oct-17 14:36:27

Both of my boy cats have nipples. I never thought anything of it - after all, male humans have nipples.

Bluesheep8 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:47:33

Hi I probably didn't word that properly. What I meant was, I would expect him to have 2 nipples but he has at least 4, if not 6, must be me being daft as I thought female cats had several nipples and makes would just have two...blush also just read the "Colin" thread and feel even more daft!confused

Bluesheep8 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:48:31

MALES not MAKES...fgs!!!

Allergictoironing Sat 07-Oct-17 15:58:12

I think like with people, nipple size can vary with the individual. Also, how "obvious" they are depends a lot on the coat, and the positions they lie in. Boycat has teeny tiny little nipples & a thick soft underfur, so they are a rare sighting even when he's having belly rubs. Girlcat's aren't much bigger, but her undercoat isn't as thick as his in that area so can be seen easier.

DramaAlpaca Sat 07-Oct-17 16:01:49

DS is currently holding our male cat like a baby & reports that on his very fluffy belly he has at least four nipples & possibly six smile

Bluesheep8 Sat 07-Oct-17 16:04:46

Hi allergictoironing thanks for the reply and for not laughing at me blush my boy is grey with very soft tummy fur, he is also a huge cat (6.5 kilos) so maybe his nipples are in proportion! 4 in particular are really noticeable as the fur is already parted around them and they are very pale pink which I guess stands out against his grey coat.

Bluesheep8 Sat 07-Oct-17 16:56:17

Thanks DramaAlpaca's ds for confirming that all's normal with my big blue boy then smile

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:15:27

Cats of both sexes have more than two nipples, normally 6 or 8.

Oldraver Sat 07-Oct-17 23:53:16

Yes I have an Ernie and when he lies on his back his fur parts where all his nipples are.

Ski37 Mon 09-Oct-17 19:36:48

My male cat also has 4 visible nipples when he lies on his back. He also has small bald patches around them which makes them even more noticeable amongst his black fur- I spent a long time on google tying to work out if this is normal before finally asking a vet- apparently it is completely normal!

Ski37 Mon 09-Oct-17 19:40:20

I've also just this minute read the 'Colin' thread 😂 That is exactly what they look like on my cat..... glad I'm not the only one to be concerned when I first saw them!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now