Talk

Advanced search

Indoor cat and outside toileting-help please!

(4 Posts)
LadyGagarden Thu 05-Oct-17 21:21:30

Right, so my boss got a 10 year old rescue cat a couple of months ago. She specifically asked for an outdoor cat and they said she was. However, said cat seems scared of the outdoors, doesn’t like the cat flap etc. Boss can’t stand the litter tray. I suggested putting a bit of litter outside where she wants cat to go to the toilet and showing her it. That worked for 3 days but then the cat has now started refusing to go outside and is weeing and pooing inside even though litter tray has been removed. Boss wants to send cat back to rescue. Is there anything else she can try? I’d take the cat but our existing cat hates other cats.

Toddlerteaplease Fri 06-Oct-17 04:37:59

Why did she get a cat, if she’s not prepared to have a litter tray? Not all cats want to toilet outside. Or are particularly keen ongoing outside at all. Maybe try using the door rather than the cat flap. Or try better litter that doesn’t smell. Poor cat.

LadyGagarden Fri 06-Oct-17 08:23:17

Thanks Toddler. Her daughter wanted a cat and boss said she could only have one that toileted outside as she can’t stand litter trays. The rescue told her that the cat she chose was an outdoor cat. My cat has always gone outside for toileting so I can’t really help her.

dementedpixie Fri 06-Oct-17 23:05:08

tell her to bring the litter tray back for the poor cat. Very mean and cruel to take it away before the cat is used to toileting outside

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now