Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just hurt Ollies tail

(40 Posts)
Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:19:13

Argh sad
I was trying to do his eye drops so sneaked up behind him, knelt down to grab him and I knelt full force on his tail. He made an awful noise sad and shot outside and hasn't come back in yet. I feel so bad

Toddlerteaplease Thu 05-Oct-17 11:24:22

I once cut Maia trying to remove a Matt round her neck. It didn’t bleed and should have been left, but I panicked and rushed to the vet in fluffs if tears. She had it stitched under anaesthetic. I was an absolute wreck. She didn’t care at all. Try not to beat your self up. It as an accident and he will forgive you. (Hoping for pictures of the gorgeous boy)

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:29:11

I found him sat on the bins, he miaowed at me but won't come back in yet. Just annoying as he needs the drops in twice a day sad
This is him last night feeling sorry for himself

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 05-Oct-17 11:54:05

Oh my goodness. I used to regularly kick my little visitor because he would run under my feet when I was carrying things like baskets of washing and I once sat on him when I got up to do something and he stole my seat and I didn't see. Then when I went to say sorry held my hand out and he got an electric shock on his nose.

Poor Ollie. sad.

How will you make it up to him?

PS - Ollie - milk this one for all it's worth....

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:56:53

He's back inside but skulking around me. No chance of drops just yet! I am slow blinking at him smile

TheEmmaDilemma Thu 05-Oct-17 12:06:32

I presume it's not broken at all? Just bruised?

My exh broke one of ours in the car door. Complete accident, she was rubbing around he didn't see her at all.

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 12:11:02

Doesn't seem broken, he's swishing it about angrily at me and swinging off the bin area

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 05-Oct-17 12:24:24

You are in trouble if the tail is swishing ...

I can't believe you have not offered any treats (on bended knee of course) as penance.

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 12:29:14

I would if I could get anywhere near him. He is shouting and running away when he sees me blush

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 05-Oct-17 12:41:40

And you have actual treats in your hand?

My, you are in trouble...

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 12:43:14

I know blush
Oh he's just come back in shrieking at me

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 05-Oct-17 12:54:59

Knees. Head bent. Hands out with treats in ...

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 13:30:48

He's back outside again blush I'm ignoring him and acting normally he needs his bloody drops in

Toddlerteaplease Thu 05-Oct-17 14:20:55

Missing one dose won’t do him any harm. Just give an extra dose at the end of the course. Probably more than your life is worth to try now!

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 14:32:16

Yeah I will try again tonight (it's twice a day)
I just worry because his eye is so red

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 05-Oct-17 14:35:30

Poor Ollie. Tail aside, he probably knows about the drops too ...

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 14:42:34

Oh he definitely does. The minute it touches his eye he legs it blush

Mightybanhammer Thu 05-Oct-17 15:37:14

Hopefully this will make you feel better. Apart from Ollie's distant cousin, I have a semi long haired floofy beauty with a huge, huge bushy tail.

One day I stood on the end of it . She took off at speed- and, and...

Left the end of her tail under my shoe. Not just the floofy bits either. There was a bit of cartilage in there too. I felt sick, as I am sure she did.

Things were frosty between us for some time. grin

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:13:29

Mighty shock
He is now officially raging as I'm washing his bed AND I've changed his litter tray. Is sat outside in the rain glaring at me hmm

Allergictoironing Thu 05-Oct-17 17:30:13

Get all the offences against him done together, that way he will only be pissed off once for all 3 things - tail, bed and litter tray grin.

I sat on Boycat's tail once - on the nice squishy sofa so there's no way it could have hurt, but he didn't talk to me for ages just sulked in the back of the wardrobe until supper time.

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:36:32

One more lot of eye drops today grin
I'm glad he's not stable cat or I would be on the floor with a claw in my throat by now

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:18:08

I am being loved on grin

Allergictoironing Thu 05-Oct-17 19:32:38

Heh that didn't take him long grin

Ski37 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:33:15

I have on more than one occasion (accidentally) kicked my cat as he has a habit of running up and trying to entwine himself around my ankles when I am walking - he just looks at me with a hurt expression on his face - I never would have believed how expressive their faces could be - before resuming the whole sneak up and run between my feet again. I'm starting to think he may never learn!

Ollivander84 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:34:17

He's taken to smothering me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now