Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Puss missing for almost 24 hours - calm me down please!

(24 Posts)
user1498726699 Wed 04-Oct-17 20:35:18

She didn't come in last night. She would never stay out for this long. We live at the end of a very quiet cul de sac with woodland the other side of us so very little chance of being run over.

I am worried about foxes.

Have hunted for her today. Put a few posters up and dropped leaflets through the letterboxes of houses that back onto her usual stomping ground. Also rang vets (she's chipped) and the council to see if they'd had any reports of bodies sad.

She is a tiny thing and so affectionate.

Our last cat disappeared without a trace and it took me 7 years to agree to getting another one and now it's happened again!

Nefer795 Wed 04-Oct-17 20:55:01

Hoping so much for you that she finds her way home.

sweatylemon Wed 04-Oct-17 21:00:44

Hope she comes home.

Badgertastic Wed 04-Oct-17 21:06:59

My gorgeous boy popped off for 4 days just after we moved. I was worried about him but he turned up hungry, a little thinner and very pleased to be home. I think he was out exploring and enjoying himself. No regard for his human slave who was worrying! I hope yours turns up at home soon. flowers

middleeasternpromise Wed 04-Oct-17 21:08:06

How old is cat? My boy can go for 7 days then nearly a year of regular as clock work. Cats do like to mix it up every so often, they grow in confidence and get distracted. Do not give up hope yet

user1498726699 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:35:26

Thanks for replies. She is 16 months old. Very small for age (runt of litter which is why I chose her!) and very timid and jumpy so unlikely to approach people. She was a rescue from the cat's protection league and it took a long time for her to trust us without jumping 10 foot in the air when anyone approached her.

Wish to god I'd kept her as a house cat now but she was so desperate to get outside she once jumped out of the bathroom window as a kitten.

On the rare occasion she didn't come in at night, she was always to be found laying on the trampoline in the morning.

I just hope the poor thing wasn't/isn't in pain.

Briette Wed 04-Oct-17 22:53:17

Our local RSPCA said it was the foxes they're often rescuing from overly aggressive cats! I hope your little wanderer strolls in soon as though nothing has happened sad

user1498726699 Thu 05-Oct-17 23:22:35

Still no sign sad. Myself and DH have done 3 separate search missions today with no joy. Asked the guys who do the street cleaning to keep a look out and some dog walkers as well. I can't do much more even though I feel like I should. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Next door neighbour told us today that she had come in his kitchen through an open window once and when she saw him she was frantically trying to escape but ran into the lounge and he ended up having to chase her all around the house to catch her and she was terrified so I doubt she has made herself at home somewhere else! She's always been very jumpy and timid apart from with me and youngest DS.

I really think we've lost her for good unfortunately.

EachandEveryone Fri 06-Oct-17 08:48:28

Oh please don't give up hope it's still very early.

sweatylemon Fri 06-Oct-17 15:32:11

Any news?

OliviaStabler Sun 08-Oct-17 16:30:23

Any news OP?

Allergictoironing Sun 08-Oct-17 19:50:21

Don't give up completely, I know a cat who went missing for a whole month last XMas and was then found a couple of miles from home. He was thin & rather bedraggled, but when I saw him recently he was fine and stealing his "sister's" dinner having finished his own grin

McBounty Mon 09-Oct-17 00:54:28

I hope she is found safe and happy.

allthegoodusernameshavegone Mon 09-Oct-17 00:56:46

Anything?

IrritatedUser1960 Mon 09-Oct-17 00:59:30

My 16 year old cat went missing for 24 hours last week, hunted everywhere then she strolled in OP. I was worried sick!
At that young age they often do go missing for days so don't panic just yet.

ScouseQueen Mon 09-Oct-17 01:02:02

Had a cat go missing for nearly two weeks once who was then found in the shed of a nearby house having got locked in. You've obviously gone round but do see if you can knock doors and ask people to check sheds. It might be someone who has gone away for a few days since she went missing - knew of another cat who nipped into a neighbour's house then got locked in while they were on holiday. Both cats hungry when found but recovered quickly.

DavetheCat2001 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:08:10

OP, any news??

HeppyKestrel Mon 09-Oct-17 14:18:18

advice copied from cpl:

If they use a litter tray and you still have some used litter, put this in the garden. If your cat has wandered out of where he normally goes, the strong smell of his home and himself can help him find his way home.

If you do not have a litter tray, place the contents for your vacuum cleaner onto the lawn and near the house, as this will also strongly smell of home and their owners.

Look in cupboards, sheds, garages, cars, cellars and those of your neighbours. Cats can sometimes hide when frightened, injured or confused by confinement and may not immediately come forward when you call them. You will need to look in the dark corners of garages in and under boxes and large objects. Call them very late at night when everywhere is quiet and you have a better chance of hearing them respond if they are trapped. Check along garden hedges, shrubs and fences of gardens in the daytime in case your cat has been injured and is unable to move from its hiding place.

LadyGagarden Mon 09-Oct-17 14:25:58

Hi op, our cat got locked in the shed once (must’ve crept in when I was gardening) and the other time, she got locked in the neighbour’s garage. Both times I heard her miaowing and rescued her! Hope you find yours.

0ccamsRazor Mon 09-Oct-17 14:28:44

I hope that your beloved puss comes home safe and sound, it is a horrid situation for you and your family.

😿

AngelsWithSilverWings Mon 09-Oct-17 14:29:05

Any news?

My cat went missing for 4 days and I was in bits and had searched everywhere.

Posted on here for some support and someone suggested spreading his favourite food all round the boundary of our property. I mashed it up and spread it thinly with a knife, grinding it into the pavement and around the bottom of the fences. Didn't want to put lumps out in case he ate it and went away again so just left enough to tempt him back.

He came home the next morning , very skinny and hungry but fine.

Don't give up hope.

ijustwantfiveminutespeace Mon 09-Oct-17 17:28:38

I tried the litter tray on the door step and my wee one came home after 2 days! Good luck x

OliviaStabler Wed 11-Oct-17 12:30:01

user1498726699

Any news?

OliviaStabler Wed 11-Oct-17 12:30:19

@user1498726699

Any news?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now