Talk

Advanced search

My poor girl

(13 Posts)
sleepyhead Sun 01-Oct-17 21:06:24

Lovely, lovely dcat (15) was put to sleep yesterday morning after diagnosis of extensive abdominal lymphoma.

She hated being out of her comfort zone, and loathed having tablets so we agreed that the kindest option was not to try treatments that could only have put off the inevitable for a few weeks.

I was fortunate to be with her at the animal hospital and know she went peacefully but we're all so bloody sad today sad

weegiemum Sun 01-Oct-17 21:10:57

What a pretty cat!

flowers for you xx

Ginandchampers Sun 01-Oct-17 21:19:47

So many good wishes and sympathies to you. I know how it feels. It gets better over time and all the lovely memories and photos help immensely. flowers

chocolatespiders Sun 01-Oct-17 21:21:42

Arh what a beautiful cat.
I sadly know your pain. Hugs

Weedsnseeds1 Sun 01-Oct-17 21:28:10

She's lovely, sorry to hear your news.

sleepyhead Sun 01-Oct-17 21:28:25

Thank you - she was beautiful. Wee white gloves, white boots and white bib that she kept immaculate smile

We didn't think of her as elderly because she was the same as she'd been her whole life. I took her to the vet as she was off her food thinking maybe she had a problem with her teeth.

It was our privilege to be her family.

Vinorosso74 Sun 01-Oct-17 21:38:29

Oh so sorry, you did the right thing by her. I have to say she is the double of ours who is 15 about now.

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 01-Oct-17 21:42:03

RIP dear puss, she was beautiful flowers

Want2beme Mon 02-Oct-17 00:04:44

So very sorry for your loss. What a shock for you all. She looks lovely flowers

LavenderDoll Mon 02-Oct-17 00:08:10

I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

fizzthecat1 Mon 02-Oct-17 00:09:06

sad such a cute cat xxx used to have a tuxedo cat that look just like her

pterobore Mon 02-Oct-17 00:12:32

Oh sleepyhead the exaxt same thing happened to me last year. I thought my sweet cat was off her food because of her teeth but it was also an abdominal mass. She was a black and white cat too. Black front paws with two white toes

hellswelshy Thu 05-Oct-17 13:26:08

So sorry op we recently lost our 15yr old female cat in the same circumstances. It's so devastating, I agree. What has comforted me is that like you said we were lucky to have had her for all those years flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now