Talk

Advanced search

Dolly gets a lead

(13 Posts)
EachandEveryone Tue 19-Sep-17 19:14:21

Bloody hell shes never stopped screaming to go out. The other one doesn't say anything. As soon as I take it off she's demanding to have it back on again, I've really started something haven't I? I live in the flat and I swore she wouldn't be going out til Christmas. I don't trust her. She's nearly six months. How does this work then? I can't exactly tie her to the railings!!

shhhfastasleep Tue 19-Sep-17 19:18:50

If she's able to cope with it and doesn't do a Tasmanian Devil impersonation, you just take her down to a grassy bit on her harness and be guided by her. No cat I've ever had would tolerate them by I have known cats who do. I wish mine would. But she seems content with the many trees and barrels and viewing spots she has in our little house.
We have horrible traffic outside and a copy cat (pardon pun) cat killer as verified by local vet. Not fb hysteria.

EachandEveryone Tue 19-Sep-17 19:22:10

We have no grass!!! I'm not taking her further than the balcony I hope. It's because she sees her sister coming and going she wants to follow.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 19-Sep-17 19:37:06

Look at boomer the Bengal videos on YouTube, his owners trained him to walk on a leash & shows you how.

Wolfiefan Tue 19-Sep-17 19:39:35

Is she going to be a house cat? If so taking her out is just going to show her what she can't have.
Is she neutered?

Oldraver Tue 19-Sep-17 19:50:33

We had Ernie on a harness and lead for a few months as he was desperate to got out..He was on an extendable lead and when we were outside with him we attached it to the wirly gig (washing do da) but obviously watched him like a hawk.

I realise you cant do this so you will have to be the one on the end of the lead...we also spent many anytime doing this

For a cat that desperately wants to be out but too early etc it's worth it if you have the time

EachandEveryone Tue 19-Sep-17 20:00:10

She will hopefully be like her sister. A flat cat who goes outside in 30 minute spurts up to ten times a day depending on whether im at work or not! My plan is to let her out without supervision in Winter it worked for her sister. Fingers crossed. Does anyone know if you have two does one follow the other tongo out or am i going to end up letting them in and out at separate times?

Wolfiefan Tue 19-Sep-17 20:02:02

I have two sisters. They definitely go out together first thing but they WON'T Come in at the same time. They have to assert their independence you know!
Why does winter make a difference to them going out?
And IS she neutered?

Weedsnseeds1 Tue 19-Sep-17 20:03:14

Be careful she doesn't wriggle out of it. The jacket style ones are a bit more secure smile

EachandEveryone Tue 19-Sep-17 20:11:34

She had the op three weeksago before i went on holiday she was five months just. In my mind Winter is less appealing to want to stay out long. It could be in my head but thats what I did with her sister. I want her to be as near to a year as possible. Its goung to be a challenge!

Wolfiefan Tue 19-Sep-17 20:13:33

Ha. Keeping them in is a challenge!
Can you have a microchip catflap in a door or window?
Mine used to stay out late at night in the height of summer. They don't like the cold or wet so much.

EachandEveryone Tue 19-Sep-17 20:32:56

No flat is rented.

EachandEveryone Thu 21-Sep-17 12:15:51

Well that lasted all of five minutes weve lost half of it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: