Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

lethargic kitten

(17 Posts)
SophieJo Sun 23-Jul-17 10:16:49

Our kitten is 10 weeks old and we have had her for a week. She has been to the vets and had her first injection, worming pill and flea treatment. She eats regularly and uses the litter tray.
Just concerned that she does not seem to be very active preferring to sleep and doze most of the time. At first she used to play and run around but has slowed down considerably. The vet did say she has a grade 1 heart murmur which is something to keep an eye on.
Is it normal for a kitten to be inactive? I had a tortie for 17 years who was into everything!

Doobigetta Sun 23-Jul-17 10:24:22

Is it just in a couple of days since her injections? If so, that's totally normal. Don't worry too much about the heart murmur, either. My lovely old boy had one too, and lived to 18 and was active and happy right to the end.

Doobigetta Sun 23-Jul-17 10:24:59

She's really sweet, btw!

SophieJo Sun 23-Jul-17 10:49:15

She had her injection last Monday and was lively up until a few days ago. She is such a lovely little thing.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 23-Jul-17 11:02:15

I'd go to the vets, ours had lethargy after his jabs at 18 months but it hit quite soon after.

A kitten that young can go down quickly.

Want2beme Sun 23-Jul-17 22:01:55

So sweet. Lethargy has happened to mine, but only for a day. She might have something else wrong with her. I'd take her to the vet.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 24-Jul-17 00:55:51

Oh isn't she adorable.
She might just be a laid back kitten.
Like you get some children who are more quiet and chilled out. Wheras others are always bouncing around.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 24-Jul-17 00:56:31

Is that her Little Teddy bear

ElizaDontlittle Mon 24-Jul-17 01:15:58

She is adorable! I'd take her to the vets in the morning - the persistent change would worry me.

SophieJo Tue 25-Jul-17 21:06:09

I took her to the vets on Sunday and she had an injection which has perked her up.I am worried about her though.

SophieJo Fri 27-Oct-17 16:08:16

Just to update this. Sadly I had to let Misty go yesterday. Turns out she had a condition called liver shunt ( from birth) and suffered seizures yesterday so severe that surgery was not an option. The signs were there from the beginning, lethargy,excessive drooling,tiny and apparently copper coloured eyes yet for most of the time she was a lively loving kitten. Feeling very sad as it was such a shock. RIP Misty.

Cailleach1 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:34:50

Sorry to hear that. She had a good home and experienced kindness and care. It is the best life she could have had with her ailment.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:46:18

I'm so sorry, you did what you could for her. poor girl had the odd stacked against her by the sounds of it.

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 27-Oct-17 23:10:11

Oh, poor little girl. Nothing you could have done.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 28-Oct-17 16:27:13

Oh Sophie, I'm so sorryflowers

snorkmaiden68 Mon 30-Oct-17 23:39:49

flowerssorry to hear that Sophie. She looked a lovely little thing and you loved her for all the time she was with you, you made a difference to her life with your care

sashh Tue 31-Oct-17 06:28:25

So sorry, mine is a Misty too.

Isn't it amazing how attached we get so soon?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now