Talk

Advanced search

Siamese experts, please take a look at my kitty

(7 Posts)
peonyinparadise Sat 08-Jul-17 05:27:48

Appreciate your help in identifying the breed of my gorgeous little rescue kitty. In an earlier post, it has been suggested that there may be 'Tortie-point Siamese' in her heritage. We were originally told that she was a Ragdoll but then found some early vets paperwork that said 'Siamese'.

She is very affectionate & vocal. Curious & adventurous. Four years old, light & dainty not at all heavy set, round face & body shape. Her fur is mid-length, dense & silky soft, light blue eyes. She is a delightful little creature who is happiest sitting as close to me as possible, staring directly into my eyes. My previous moggies were far too cool & aloof for this behaviour!

I've had a good google of 'Tortie-point Siamese' and have seen some photos that resemble her markings closely. But she does not have the long, sleek lines & angular face of a Siamese, so wondering what else could be in her mix?

pinkmagic1 Sat 08-Jul-17 06:08:31

She's beautiful. Maybe a cross between a Siamese and a standard moggie?

stressystressy Sat 08-Jul-17 10:24:53

She is beautiful. The description of a cat without papers with your cat's markings, who bears a resemblance to a breed is a colourpoint. In your case I would agreed that you have a tortie-point. The thing is there are lots and lots of breeds with colourpoints, the best known of those is typically the Siamese. Blue eyes can also belong to lots of different breeds.

Unless you know for certain that mum or dad was a particular breed then it is pretty much impossible to guess. I would say that she is a Domestic Medium Hair Tortie Point. You'd be amazed at how many of these beautiful colour combinations can be thrown up even if a parent wasn't a pedigree.

claraschu Sat 08-Jul-17 10:40:58

What a beautiful kitty!

peonyinparadise Sat 08-Jul-17 10:47:56

Thank you Stressy. I am new to the world of cat breeds and all of this information is so interesting. She is an adorable cat, unlike any I have had before. Smitten with this kitten smile

TheoriginalLEM Sat 08-Jul-17 10:51:29

i would hazzard a guess at British shorthair nestling in there somewhere. Possibly crossed burman?

She is gorgeous x

WinnieTheWitch50 Mon 10-Jul-17 15:00:54

Wow! She's gorgeous, lucky you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: