Talk

Advanced search

Poor cat is poorly

(7 Posts)
PeppaIsACowbag Thu 06-Jul-17 18:57:06

Ive found blood in her poo a couple of times, the first time was just a little blood underneath in the litter tray but the second time she had diarrohea and there was quite a lot of blood was awful.

Shes been to vets today who said she has a temperature and inflamed intestines sad. Hes treating it as gastroenteritus for now but if there is still blood come monday I have to take her straight back. Shes on a diet of chicken breast, tuna and rice which im sure shes happy about!

Shes had an antibiotic injecton today and course of tablets to start on Saturday morning plus some kaogel. Just really hoping these do the trick and its nothing more serious shes only just turned three sad.

HipsterHunter Thu 06-Jul-17 19:11:37

:-(
Hope cat gets better ASAP

ElizaDontlittle Thu 06-Jul-17 19:51:23

Poor girly. And poor you, it's very scary when they are ill. Hope she gets better very quickly and enjoys her temporary real food diet!

PeppaIsACowbag Thu 06-Jul-17 20:44:27

Thanks Hipster and Eliza, main thing is she seems quite ok in herself, shes still enjoying her food in fact I think I will struggle getting her back on boring cat food. My old boy cat cant believe his luck - cant give one tuna and chicken and not the other grin.

Hopefully the medicine will work their magic over the weekend.

RoseCuntedGlasses Fri 07-Jul-17 19:24:24

Hope she gets well soon Peppa. It's horrible when they're ill. I laughed at your comment about your other cat not believing his luck! I've got four cats all together - one's needing a bit of building up, and the other three are loving the chicken and tuna!

ohhereweareagain Sun 09-Jul-17 12:57:20

Op just seen yr post. Hope your cat is better? I posted similar yesterday although mine doesn't seem well in herself but dh who is at home thinks she seems ok although she would have to be really bad for him to notice. She had injection yesterday and starts a course of pills this eve which I rarely have success administering. Will go to my vet tomorrow. Very worrying.my main worry is how much is she drinking as it's warm.she is off her food

PeppaIsACowbag Mon 10-Jul-17 20:31:51

Sorry I have just noticed your post ohhere, how is your girl today? I hope she is better?

Im struggling to get the tablets down mine too, she is a master at picking them out even when well hidden! Luckily mine seems to be picking up, I havent noticed anymore blood thankfully.

Rose they are funny arent they! Every time I go into the kitchen my old boy is dancing around my legs smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now