Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Worms?

(6 Posts)
retainertrainer Thu 06-Jul-17 10:58:52

We treat our cat for worms regularly,last done 2 weeks ago (with treatment from the vets). She's a naturally petite cat but she's looking a bit on the thin side,a bit out of condition. She's eating but just little and often. I've just picked up her poo from outside (she poops in the wood chipping) and it had little tiny worms in it. Does this sound like cat worms or a type maggot from the garden situation?

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Thu 06-Jul-17 11:19:21

What do they look like? If they look like grains of rice then probably tapeworm. Check her bum and where she sleeps as well.

retainertrainer Thu 06-Jul-17 11:48:10

Yeh like little tiny white grains of rice.

I can't work her again though can I?

It might not actually be her poo-there's a lot of cats around but she is looking thin.

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Thu 06-Jul-17 11:57:44

Last time one of mine had a tapeworm it was obvious (on the cat) but one worming treatment sorted it. If on doubt check with your vet.

Silverdream Thu 06-Jul-17 12:11:19

My cats had a separate tape worm tablet from the vets. They said not all wormers have it in. Worth having a word with the vets nurse.

retainertrainer Thu 06-Jul-17 12:32:53

Thanks for the replies. I've spoken to the vets they said she can't have anymore at the moment but keep an eye on things and to take her in for oral worming next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now