Talk

Advanced search

Well, this has never happened before

(12 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Sun 02-Jul-17 23:03:32

This evening. Fattycat and Snorgmaiden lying next to and touching each other. Can't believe it! Apparently when they were in the rescues they used to sleep entwined. Not sure I believe that!!

NoSquirrels Sun 02-Jul-17 23:09:04

Aw. Hard to see them there! Our two rescues took about 9 months to be in the touching whilst sleeping phase - took so many photos when it happened! They've never slept cuddled with each other but close enough for it to be an event. smile

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Jul-17 08:11:50

Usually they go out of their way to avoid each other.

TheCatOfAthenry Mon 03-Jul-17 12:50:29

They're so beautiful!

RubbishMantra Mon 03-Jul-17 13:07:56

Aw! I took loads of photos of the boys when they first slept touching.

Do Snorgs and Fatty ever play fight, or are they too dignified for those kind of shenanigans?

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Jul-17 13:46:21

Not sure if it's play fighting or proper fighting. They will take a swipe at each other but that's usually as far as it goes. No proper play fighting, far to dignified for that. It might mess up their hair!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Jul-17 13:50:02

They have a sibling love hate relationship!

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 03-Jul-17 16:10:06

Awwwww. I'd love to be a fly in the wall when one of them stretches, or rolls over and they both simultaneously realise the full horror of the situation!

strikealight Mon 03-Jul-17 16:26:31

Are they sisters? I rescued two loving sisters who turned into Bette Davis and Joan Crawford (google "whatever happened to Baby Jane").
I think she cats are more likely to piss each other off, even siblings.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Jul-17 16:55:54

Yes they are sisters. They took longer to rehome as they had to go together as they were apparently inseparable. They were genuinely suprised when I said they didn't like each other. But they are very reliant, and very protective of each other. When one of them thought the other was distressed while at the vet she sat on her to hide her. Same when the groomer came. Very sweet. Fatty was very clingy when Snorg was in hospital.

strikealight Mon 03-Jul-17 18:08:23

When little, siblings do love being together. As adults, sisters in my experience, tend to be love/hate. With less of the love.
Make sure they have plenty of roosting spots each and other special places unique to each.
They look like they secretly rather like each other.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Jul-17 18:23:58

I think they secretly do like each other. They follow each other around. Their avoidance of each other looks slightly staged. It's quite funny. Panicking as one of them has a bit of dried snot on her upper lip. But she's fine in herself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: