Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

D and V but not in the same cat!

(2 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sun 02-Jul-17 11:23:00

The baby has the runs no blood in it but its very stinky. She has recently gone onto Applepaws dry (she loves it) and james welbeloved which she doesnt like. She helps herself to her sisters adult food which ive been turning a blind eye to. She is fine in herself and ive just cleaned bee bum and there was half a cat litter tray stuck to her. I realky think its the food change so can i keep her on plain chicken today or shall i just keep her on the dry applepaws. Shes been on felix all her ife and im beginning to think i should go back to what she knows.

Its the vomitting in my big girl thats more upsetting. Ive never seen cat vomit before is it meant to smell bad? I thought it was the drains when she woke me up today. She is constantly grooming thr long haired baby could that be it? Or is it the fact shes nicking the
kitten food? Both are well in themselves and the vet said only bring her in if its more than three times.

TeenagersandFurbabies Sun 02-Jul-17 11:32:19

A total change of diet will upset a cats tummy unless it's introduced slowly over a couple of weeks or so. As long as they are not ill then I'd feed chicken & rice for a couple of days then give them their usual food until their tummies settle then slowly introduce the new food over a couple of weeks or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now