Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Left soured cream open on the worktop

(39 Posts)
DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 19:56:28

We had fajitas tonight. Left a 2/3 tub of soured cream on the worktop without the lid on.

Schoolboy error. Didn't know where little bugger was until he walked through licking his lips. All gone.

Hopefully a greedy tom won't be ill from 200ml soured cream? confused

AwkwardSquad Fri 30-Jun-17 20:09:26

He'll get the squits, I should think. He'll probably think it was worth it grin

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 20:16:47

Ugh.

If he gets a squitty arse I'm sure he'll save it for when he jumps on our bed at 5am angry

Might cover the bed in towels.

Want2beme Fri 30-Jun-17 20:42:06

Very discerning tastes your little bugger, Dances

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 20:46:04

He's less discerning when he's licking the grease off prawn crackers or trying to claw congealed bacon fat off the grill pan.

slothqueen Fri 30-Jun-17 21:01:45

Mine one ate half a box of muesli. If he can survive that yours will be fine after a bit of sour cream.

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 21:04:42

Muesli?! Bet he was a bit backed up for a few days.

slothqueen Fri 30-Jun-17 21:07:43

I know. Let's put it this way. He was very ill. Cost me a fortune in vets visits. He then got home and ate two tortilla wraps. Lesson not learnt apparently.

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 21:18:30

Ha! Carb cat.

Was he massively constipated? I once had to force castor oil down my car due to his carb theft. Idiots.

DubiousCredentials Fri 30-Jun-17 21:26:12

I left a huge lasagne on the side to cool once. Cat licked half of the cheese sauce and grated cheese topping off. No side effects. I smoothed the remaining sauce over the bald areas and dh was none the wiser blushshock

slothqueen Fri 30-Jun-17 21:26:45

Yes and was retching bile for over a week. Poor cat. He's had all the tests under the sun (diabetes etc) for he's absolute need to eat anything he can get his paws on (baked beans, gerkins to name a few more) nothing found. She said he's got a some sort of eating disorder. He's now on a sugar free diet and has been almost normal for a year. Occasionally bullies the dog off his dinner but our fridge and cupboards are now safe.
I like carb cat. It might be his new name.

Ollivander84 Fri 30-Jun-17 21:29:29

Mine adores sour cream hmm never been ill from it

NorthernLurker Fri 30-Jun-17 21:34:00

Mia loves sour cream too. And ice cream.

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 21:46:17

Oh god. Yes we've often come down to the top of a lasagne missing. The top half of a birthday cake covered in marzipan too. He'd dug through to get at the buttercream.

We do not seem to learn.

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 21:47:50

An eating disorder?!?

slothqueen Fri 30-Jun-17 21:57:17

"A food obsession" apparently. I honestly think he's just a very weird cat and she was trying to make me feel like there was some
Reason for it. Deep down I know it's just because he's a lot odd.

DancesWithOtters Fri 30-Jun-17 21:58:11

Never known a cat to eat muesli or dry tortillas. Even my far bastard.

katymac Fri 30-Jun-17 22:00:33

We had one that liked to chew the pulp off mango stones & this one loves cheesy crisps and bread & butter!!

DumbledoresApprentice Fri 30-Jun-17 22:18:18

Mine won't eat anything that is remotely human food. Even bits of cooked chicken get sniffed and rejected. I can't imagine she would even recognise muesli as food. Cats are weird little things.

Allergictoironing Fri 30-Jun-17 22:25:54

Mine rarely touch human food - I can leave a plate out overnight (forgot to clear it away, slob that I am) and the next day it will be untouched.

But DSis's boy once got at the Xmas log I'd made and was thoroughly enjoying the ultra rich chocolate buttercream icing. Didn't affect him in any way - apart from him trying to steal more off our plates!

Blizy Fri 30-Jun-17 22:31:52

My beast sounds like yours slothqueen.
He once managed to get I to the cupboard and devoured a 6 pack of pancakes!

GinGeum Fri 30-Jun-17 22:34:17

I think GinCat has that same 'eating disorder' sloth - he's a nightmare. Will tear open a tied up plastic bag of defrosting chicken stock. Will rip cling film off a plate of chocolate cakes. Will eat the carrot peelings if I drop some on the floor. Will also attempt the dog food regularly, even though it's obvious from his face he can't stand the stuff.

Everything has to be hidden or very high up. We used to stack his wet food pouches in a wall cupboard which didn't have a door. On the top shelf, so I could barely reach it. Went down one morning and he'd climbed up it like a ladder and torn open a load of pouches. He's only got one tooth!

He's also managed to pull out and tip open a huge bag of cat kibble. He's ridiculous.

GinGeum Fri 30-Jun-17 22:35:19

I used to have another cat that was mad about hot cross buns. She would grab a closed packet and run off behind the sofa with them.

TeaMeBasil Fri 30-Jun-17 22:39:38

Mines another that turns her nose up at human food. Prawns, cooked chicken...all ignored. She did lick a Dorito tho.

It's weird but lucky I think, at least I can leave leftovers safely on the side - a tin of tuna always goes down well tho!

Asmoto Fri 30-Jun-17 22:42:25

I always let mine lick out soured cream cartons when I've finished with them - no ahurk-ahurk-ahurk-splats so far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now