Talk

Advanced search

Cat off her food, I think

(5 Posts)
ISaySteadyOn Thu 29-Jun-17 13:09:11

Dcat is a rescue who was about 6 mo when we got her. She's about 8 mo now and an indoor/outdoor cat

She used to follow us about mewing when we were too slow to get her breakfast or supper. We still get her breakfast and supper but she often leaves some in her bowl. DH says that he has seen her have a good go at her food after the DC have left in the morning. And I have seen her go back to have a nibble during the day.

I don't know whether she is off her food, not hungry because she has eaten the mice in the cellar, or whether someone is feeding her outside our garden.

Does anyone have any ideas?

She seems happy in and of herself also. Her coat is thick and glossy as is her tail so I'm not sure if I am worrying unnecessarily.

Thanks.

Ollivander84 Thu 29-Jun-17 13:36:47

Maybe she's just settled and happy to go back because she knows the food will always be there?

ISaySteadyOn Thu 29-Jun-17 14:03:58

That is what I hope. Have just checked her bowl which is now clean. If it is that, then maybe it is a mark of our success as cat staffsmile.

DollyParsnip Thu 29-Jun-17 16:31:00

We adopted 2 cats in October, a Mum and Son. They hadn't previously been mistreated as such but there were a lot of cats in their previous house.

For the first 2/3 months Mum would only eat the leftovers of wet food and let Son eat first. Gradually, as she learned to trust us and her new routine, she started to eat at the same time as Son and now she happily tucks in.

She's also a grazer (prefers a midnight snack) so maybe your little Cat is the same?

ISaySteadyOn Sat 01-Jul-17 08:38:55

Turns out she is the same. Now she knows that no one will take her food, she comes and gets it when she feels like it. And if her glossy coat and thick tail are any indication, she is healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now