Talk

Advanced search

Kitten 'suckling' t- shirt?

(12 Posts)
AlarumsandExcursions Thu 22-Jun-17 14:30:44

I have a beautiful 15 week old kitten and she is adorable. Settling in well, seems happy, good appetite etc.
The only thing is she sucks my t- shirt whilst kneading me. It leaves quite a large wet patch of kitty spit. This doesn't bother me too much, I'm just concerned if she is alright? Previous cats who have owned me haven't done this!
its like she is suckling.

Ketzele Thu 22-Jun-17 14:33:20

My cat does this (he's 7), and I have known others who have. Yes, it's suckling and some seem not to lose the instinct for it.

YesItsMeIDontCare Thu 22-Jun-17 14:34:26

Awwwww... you're her Mummy grin.

Leroy does it to me - he's about 2 1/2 yrs old now!

HirplesWithHaggis Thu 22-Jun-17 14:38:36

Some of my cats have done this, some haven't. Most memorable was a feral kitten who, having been born in a rural coalshed, decided she was moving into the house with our three other cats and two dogs. Utterly fearless, she even charmed my grumpy old tabby, who hated everyone. And her favourite thing to do was to suckle the sweaty armpits of my dh's t shirts, while he was wearing them. confused envy <--- not envy

AlarumsandExcursions Thu 22-Jun-17 14:40:38

smile I'm very happy to be a cat mummy again!
Thanks for answering, seems quite normal then. If she fancies a t-shirt suck I'll let her crack on with it!

AlarumsandExcursions Thu 22-Jun-17 14:42:23

Hirples yes she likes the arm pits too!

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 22-Jun-17 15:07:05

I used to have one that sucked the tufts of the rug. Stepping on a sodden patch in bare feet was not enjoyable!

Ohb0llocks Thu 22-Jun-17 15:47:51

Jaime Lannister does it all the time. He'll suckle anything he's not fussy.

Ketzele Thu 22-Jun-17 15:57:35

I had a friend with beautiful red ringlets, and my old cat used to sneak up behind her and delicately suck at her hair. I think she just liked the texture in her mouth.

DramaAlpaca Thu 22-Jun-17 16:01:43

My 7 year old cat still does this sometimes, it's very cute. As a kitten he used to suckle on DS's cuddly toys and leave soggy patches on them.

TheCatOfAthenry Thu 22-Jun-17 16:50:17

My little Biscuit used to root for Cookie's unproductive nipples. He has now evolved and sucks her paws instead.

Here they are sleeping on me. I luffs them.

AlarumsandExcursions Thu 22-Jun-17 18:33:54

Aww! Cuties smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now