Talk

Advanced search

Gagging cat

(4 Posts)
WellWhoKnew Sat 17-Jun-17 09:11:50

My lovely six year boy cat keeps dry-retching, licking lips and sounding like he's swallowing air. Been like this a for three days.

We had a few hair balls last month dressed with a shard of grass. He's never really been a pukey cat though.

He's eating okay. He still wants to be out and about.

The only other significant change is the arrival of a tiny kitten. There has been much hissing and growling.

Has he growled himself into a sore throat, just dismally failed to regurgitate a hairball, or is this a vet job?

Weedsnseeds1 Sat 17-Jun-17 09:18:57

Sounds like a hairball, but a vet visit wouldn't hurt. Old girl, who was a furball machine, once had to have one surgically removed after it blocked her intestine.

Want2beme Sat 17-Jun-17 18:36:25

It can be a sign of stress. Also, could be a furball. I'd say the vet is the best thing, really.

WellWhoKnew Sat 17-Jun-17 23:23:32

Yup, he has (yet another...) vet visit tomorrow. The fecker will probably hurl up the biggest ball on the way....then piss out of the crate on to the car seat, before doing the smelliest shit. He's a well travelled, multi-vet visited cat.

But I proper luffs him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now