Talk

Advanced search

Cat Hair!

(11 Posts)
thegreylady Tue 13-Jun-17 11:11:57

Can anyone recommend a vacuum cleaner that will cope with the volume of hair shed by two moulting BSH boys? We were recommended a powerful Hoover which blocks constantly. I think there is one which compacts the hair into a block. Any suggestions before we drown in a sea of cream fur?

thegreylady Tue 13-Jun-17 11:13:31

PS
The little Koran cross doesn't lose much hair at all but I couldn't exclude her from the photo 😻

MrsHathaway Tue 13-Jun-17 11:13:31

Our Henry does quite well - minimal moving parts means less to clog.

We have b&ws - which means black hair on pale furniture and white hair on dark furniture <face desk>

QueenMortifauxcado Tue 13-Jun-17 11:13:57

I think most will block with any serious volume of hair. We use a rubber broom to get the worst of it, it's very effective.

thegreylady Tue 13-Jun-17 11:15:00

Korat! Not Koran of course.
I have tried a Henry before the Hoover 🙁The cats won't be brushed at all unfortunately.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 13-Jun-17 11:53:41

Dyson V6 total clean. I had to replace my V6 animal as apparently it does t cope with long haired cats. hmm

thegreylady Tue 13-Jun-17 13:23:11

Thanks I'll start saving for the Dyson. Meantime I have ordered a pet hair attachment for the Hoover.

Want2beme Tue 13-Jun-17 15:16:07

Lovely cats! Have you tried the glove thingy for cat hair removal whilst stroking them? Not sure what it's called.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 13-Jun-17 15:17:42

Miele.

QueenMortifauxcado Tue 13-Jun-17 16:07:43

Rubber brush is for the floors and furniture, not the cats grin although I have tried and mine were not impressed. The rubber brush gets it up far more effectively than anything else. I managed to brush up a whole cats worth of hair from the stair carpet when we got it.

ChaoticKate Wed 14-Jun-17 09:11:05

We have three dogs and a long haired cat and would be buried in fur without our Miele vacuum. It's amazing. Unfortunately I'm not sure they make the same model anymore because of EU regulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now