Talk

Advanced search

Cat scratcherthat doesn't move when cats scratch it?

(9 Posts)
LynetteScavo Sat 10-Jun-17 18:54:05

We have this, but it falls over when the cats scratch it!

I don't want a massive one, but I don't want it to scare or frustrate the cats. Is there such a thing?

Bamaluz Sat 10-Jun-17 18:57:52

I have this one

It doesn't move at all, and my cat likes to sit on it too.

Polter Sat 10-Jun-17 19:00:49

I've only used square based ones for my rather hefty (7kg) PolterCat and they've never fallen over. He has a cardboard horizontal scratcher too.

witwootoodleoo Sat 10-Jun-17 19:04:46

This bad boy is awesome. Mine has lasted 8 years so far and still looks like new and has never wobbled let alone fallen over.

Toddlerteaplease Sat 10-Jun-17 19:12:52

I've got this one from PAH. Fatty climbs up it vertically and it doesn't move.

isseywithcats Sat 10-Jun-17 20:21:56

i dont have room for a huge tower type scratcher so mine have the flat box willow cardboard one from PAH its the best £10 i have ever spent, two years later it is still intact, all y big cats use it as a scratcher and bed, and all the foster kittens have a good go at it

Allergictoironing Sat 10-Jun-17 20:50:04

My DSis has one like THIS that her large and until recently very energetic cat uses.

We have 4 maine coons so unfortunately we've had to go big; IME cats won't tend to use one that isn't tall enough for them to be well stretched out (like they would on a tree)

We have two

this is freestanding

this attaches to the wall, hammocks are optional (we have two plus a wall mounted one higher up) but it is absolutely rock solid and blooming indestructible. It doesn't actually take much floor space, the base plate is pretty small because the wall provides stability

attaches to wall

My boy cats weight 2 stone...

LynetteScavo Sun 11-Jun-17 07:33:24

I think I'll try the one recommended by Bamaluz the willow box one looks good, but I think my cats would drag it around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now